The Leather Notebook

Draco's P.O.V
That stupid Weasel, ruining things as always. It's the only thing he's good at. I went straight to my dorm in a bit of a rage. Weasley destroyed a great night for me by spying because he thought I was still evil. Not that I ever was evil.

It's always good to know people still think I'm a terrible person. Not that Weasley's opinion mattered to me. My head was a bit of a mess due to all the thoughts flying around it. So I did something that no one else knows I do.

I pulled out a leather notebook from under my pillow and grabbed a quill, before sitting on the only window seat in our dorm. I wrote the date and began to write. I guess you could call it a diary.

I flicked past the pages covered in my elegant cursive and all my sketches. When I didn't feel like writing, I drew instead. I didn't think I was particularly good at it, it just helped. Whenever I had no one to vent all my feelings towards, I found this as a rather good alternative idea.

I sat writing for a while, only using the light from the moon outside. When at last it was sunrise, I hid my notebook (I prefer notebook over diary) in my bag. Sometimes in lessons, I pull my notebook (or diary) out and begin to write or draw instead of taking notes. It's not a smart thing to do, but I know most of the material anyway so why bore myself further?

People were beginning to wake up so I got ready quickly, I felt like getting breakfast alone and going to see Harry. After all we did both have a free period. I exited the dorm, fixing my tie on the way out. But as usual, something held me up.

"Where are you off to?" Blaise said in his calm voice, a hint of a smirk evident on his face.

"Early breakfast, I'm heading to the library for my free period." I quickly made up.

"Really?" He said raising his eyebrows. Clearly he knew I was up to something.

"Yeah, bye."

And with that, I ran out before he could interrogate me further. But if that wasn't bad enough, someone else decided to slow me down.

"Hey Draco." Pansy said. Although her voice was serious rather than her normal carefree tone.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." She muttered looking down.

"You're what?"

"Sorry. I know I've been acting strange and everything but I wanted to ask, can we at least be friends? You know like we used to be?"

"I'll think about it." I replied, and walked out of there before anything or anyone could slow me down further.

I needed to write a lot in my notebook and I've not even eaten breakfast yet. Something told me today would be quite eventful.

I entered the great hall, but Harry wasn't there yet. So I sat by myself near the end of the Slytherin table, that way I could see when he entered.

Most days I skipped breakfast, meaning I wasn't that hungry. Instead I just picked up a green apple and got my notebook out. To anyone else it would seem I was revising while having breakfast, but instead I was writing today's events so far.

10 minutes and 2 apples later, Harrys and his band of Gryffindorks came strolling in. Almost as if they owned the place. I waited till Harry looked towards my direction, and signalled for him to come here.

When his friends were on the way out, he deliberately walked slower and when they were out of sight, he came to my table.

"What's up, Malfoy?" He asked with a smile. I liked it when he smiled I thought absent mindely.