Not All Slytherins Are Evil

Draco's P.O.V
A few weeks had passed and thankfully no one had noticed anything strange. The Christmas holidays were here and McGonagall had decided to make arrangements for me and Potter to stay. I was planning to stay anyway seeing as both of my parents were, well absent.

My Father had been put in Azkaban for his loyalty to Lord Voldemort and my Mother had died. I was never close to my Father so I didn't really mind him leaving. On the other hand, I was always close to my Mother.

When she died I had no one left. I had all the money I could ever need, but when the person you love the most dies... well money just doesn't seem as important.

I guess to some extent that's how Potter felt.

Anyway, as heartless as it sounds, I still felt uneasy thinking about my Mother. So I directed my thoughts somewhere else. I thought back to the time my Father was sentenced, and when I was about to be.
----------------
I stood beside my Father, our hands tied behind our backs. Potter stood infront of us with our wands in his hands. When he was asked, Potter had decided to agree with my Father's Azkaban sentence. But when it came to me, something happened.

'I agree with the sentence given to Lucius. But I disagree with Draco's sentence. Draco is innocent.
----------------
For some reason he called me innocent, and with him being the chosen one and all the ministry decided to let me go. I remember trying my hardest not to cry, not to give him the satisfaction of me breaking down right in front of him. But when he came closer and handed my my wand, not once looking away from my eyes, I clenched my jaw andheld my breath. Not willing to break the eye contact.

Of course the second I was alone I fell onto the only chair in the room, and cried like I never had before. It was embarrassing to say the least, but I couldn't help it.

My enemy, 'the chosen one' had just saved my life. Given me another chance. Why he did that I'll never know and I would never ask. To be honest, I hadn't spoken to him at all. Not until Weasley cursed us. I've not even thanked him, I probably should've but it's a little late now.

All these thoughts were too much for what was supposed to be a peaceful Saturday morning. The whole school was rather quiet, most students were at their homes for the holidays.

I really did miss my home. Malfoy Manner was the place I went back to every holiday I had. It felt strange staying at Hogwarts, but it'd be even stranger going to an empty Malfoy Manner. I had a quick breakfast and decided to go for a walk. Partly to clear my mind and partly because there was no one to sit with.

It was freezing outside, and Potter's knitted jumpers and tattered scarves didn't help. Regardless, I continued walking and only stopped to take a seat about 15 minutes of walking.

I've always enjoyed being alone. Organising my thoughts without being interrupted, no one judging me. Of course people judging me or calling me names wasn't a problem now that I was Potter, but if only being him would stop the bigger problems, like my nightmares. I leaned back on the bench and shut my eyes, allowing the cold breeze to rush past me. Being alone was perfect, till someone ruined it as per usual.

"Malfoy?"

"What do you want now, Potter?"

"Can I sit?" He said gesturing to the empty space next to me.

I rolled my eyes in response, and he in return he slumped down next to me.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked.

"Excuse me?"

"You seemed deep in thought, and well I'm bored anyway." He said with a shrug.

"Nothing." I said reluctantly.