Just a Dream

Harry's P.O.V
"I'm sorry for ruining things." I whispered. It echoed throughout my mind, growing louder and louder.

I held my breath, waiting for a response. But before I got one, my world began to spin. The grass beneath me disappeared and Draco was slowly fading too. I looked around, desperate for an answer as to why I couldn't speak and why the world was slowly going dark.

"I'm sorry." I said again. I didn't know why but I felt the urge to say that. Almost as if it all was my fault.

In a few moments, I was enclosed in a space of pure black. I could see nothing apart from piercing red eyes and an overly familiar, snake like voice hissing,

"You lose Harry."

Voldemort. I desperately looked around and shouted for help. My terror only ended when I was shook awake and a calm voice filled my head. I placed a hand on my head and only felt myself relax when I remembered it was all just a dream.

I focused back on the person who'd just woken me. It was still dark but the moonlight was bright enough to make out the white-blonde hair and grey-blue eyes.

The first, but still frightening, part of my dream flooded back. I knew now it was only a dream, but were my feelings only a dream too? I couldn't tell at the moment and I didn't really want to. For now I wanted to spend time with Draco who smiled greatly when he saw I was okay.

"Draco? How long have I been asleep?"

"You fell asleep half an hour ago, I let you sleep till you began to move and talk in your sleep. I heard you say random words and then ... Voldemort, so I woke you up." Draco explained, pausing and grimacing when he said Voldemort.

I sincerely hoped by 'random words' he didn't mean he heard me saying I liked him or anything. I was sure he'd point it out if he did but I wanted to make sure anyway.

"When you heard me say 'random words' what else did I say?" I asked, hesitating at first.

"Well I heard my name a few times, a lot of mumbling and you apologizing a lot." He looked questioningly at me.

I shrugged, pretending that I couldn't remember my dream and therefore couldn't tell him why I'd been saying his name. But then again I forgot I'm a terribly bad liar and Draco was extremely good at reading people.

"So are you going to tell me what your dream was about then?" Draco asked, ignoring the fact I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Can't remember."

"Can't remember or you just don't want to tell me?" He asked.

"Don't want to tell you." I mumbled.

His mouth twitched upwards at that. He clearly enjoyed being right, and with me that wasn't too hard. Draco soon continued reading and I settled to looking at him. Well, the back of him.

I couldn't work out my real feelings. Or if I even liked Draco at all. I knew I liked spending time with him, and genuinely looked forward to our late night meetings.

But I wasn't into guys at all. I mean I've had girlfriends, not that they lasted. Anyway the point was that I've never even thought about kissing boys. A tiny corner of my mind suggested the whole reason I've never had a lasting relationship was because I was with girls.

But I ignored that corner of my brain and just decided I hadn't met 'the one' yet. I also decided to ignore how perfect Draco looked. He was sitting still on the grass, flipping a page every few minutes. His legs were crossed and he was leaning against a tree.