No Known Cure

3rd Person P.O.V
Harry made his way from the Slytherin dorms to McGonagalls office before anyone else woke up. He had no excuses for why he had to see McGonagall this early.

He ran to her office and she was behind her desk as usual, marking transfiguration papers.

"Hello Harry, what brings you here so early?" She said, her eyes looking at him for a brief second behind her glasses.

"I just wanted to ask how the cure was getting along." Harry asked, running his hand though his now blonde hair.

McGonagall sighed and put her quill down. She looked at Harry with a sorry expression.

"I'm sorry Harry. We think we have a cure but firstly we don't know if it'll even work, and secondly it'll take a whole month."

Harry looked down at his shoes and and muttered a barely audible 'thanks anyway' before heading back down for an early breakfast.

Harry was about to enter the great hall until someone pulled him from behind. He pulled his wand out and was about to cast a stinging hex. That was until he saw a pair of familiar green eyes looking back at him.

"Malfoy?!" Harry whisper shouted. They were behind a stone pillar at this point and for some reason Draco's hand was still on Harry's collar and they were uncomfortably close.

Harry looked at the hand on his collar and Draco stumbled backwards and awkwardly hit a wall. It was only awkward because they had switched appearances but Harry wondered what would happen if they didn't look like each other. He quickly shook his head, getting rid of the thought as quickly as it came.

"What do you want?" He finally asked Draco.

"Weaselette keeps looking at me, I think she likes me, or you rather." Draco said in a bit of a flustered rush.

Harry couldn't help but laugh. He tried to cover it up with a cough but Draco saw through it. They hadn't spoke to each other apart from those few words in potions yesterday and Harry remembered he needed to speak to Draco too.

"It's ok just avoid her. And I needed to ask you what we're going to do about quidditch?"

"We'll have to play as each other."

Draco tried to sound confident but his voice wavered a bit at the end. He was actually quite nervous about playing with the Gryffindors. Even though he thought Harry didn't notice or didn't care, the blonde haired boy smiled at Draco.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." Harry whispered, making Draco roll his eyes.

Draco's P.O.V
I ran to get a quick breakfast after Potter left. I wanted to leave early because I had a free period and intended to study. I couldn't have all these complications get in the way of studying for my N.E.W.T.S.

I saw Hermione and decided to sit with her. She sighed loud enough for me to hear, a sign she clearly didn't want me here. But I needed her help, if anyone could help with the situation it was her.

"What do you need Malfoy?" She whispered without looking up from the herbology book she was reading.

I explained that I needed help researching what had happened. In the end I got her to agree but she emphasised 'it's only because Harry is my best friend'.

That was good enough for me. So for the next 45 minutes or so we both just took multiple books and flicked though. I was beginning to give up until I heard a shout from Hermione.

"Dr- Harry, I found something!"

I ran towards her voice and saw she was holding an old book. She had it opened to a page with the title 'appearance spells'.

After a bit of reading we realised that it wasn't just any spell Ron had cast, it was an illegal one. They had been made illegal after people had used it against others wishes and used it to deceive people.

I scanned though the rest of the book but there was nothing about a cure. Nothing at all. Instead I took the book to McGonagall, it was no use to me but maybe it could help her.

I went up to her office only to find Potter already there. I explained why I was there and handed over the book, and she told me why she had Harry and was about to call me.

"I wanted to use the pensive to view your memory of the incident. Maybe if we heard the exact words Weasley used it could help." She told us.

We followed her instructions and waited patiently as she watched our memory of the event. She noted what she heard and looked at us both with a slight look of concern displayed on her face.

"So this all happened because you both were fighting over a book? Two 18 year olds were fighting over a book?" She questioned.

Me and Potter glanced at McGonagall and looked down, unsure of what to reply. She seemed to understand and simply dismissed us with a wave of her hand.

We both went separate ways, but not before agreeing to meet near the quidditch match before the game.