Hogsmeade

Harry's P.O.V
Malfoy's patronus lit up both of our ecstatic faces. I expected it to be something like a bird or a cat maybe. But I was far off.

I watched his face as he realised what animal the white light was forming. A large majestic white wolf stood before both of us. It ran around the both of us, enclosing us in a circle of the silver light. It appeared to howl before running off and slowly fading.

Malfoy tilted his head back and looked up to the stars. His face still had a look of pure joy plastered on it.

"Thanks, Potter." Malfoy said, still panting after practically jumping with joy.

"No problem."

He stopped and seemed to consider saying something, but closing his mouth only to open it again.

"Do you think... would you want to do this again?" Malfoy asked, signalling between the two of us.

I thought about his offer for a second. The two of us have never spoke properly to each other. Maybe it would be a good idea to get to know Malfoy more than the annoying little bully I used to see him as.

"Sure. I mean whenever both of us can't sleep we might as well, right?" I said. Not wanting him to think that I was actually happy that he offered in the first place.

"We should head back inside before anyone realises we're both not there." Malfoy pointed out.

I waited for him to pack up and we both went back inside. Of course neither of us wanted to be spotted with the other at this time, so with the help of my invisibility cloak I followed Malfoy back to the dungeons.

He took his spot on the sofa and lay down, after all there was still half an hour till we needed to get up. I went back to his bed upstairs and sat down. I decided to get ready early and inform McGonagall about the fact the 'cure' she'd given us previously didn't last more than a few days.

Today was also a Hogsmeade trip so I didn't want to miss that. I made myself presentable and managed to speak to McGonagall and get back inside the dorm without anyone besides Malfoy knowing.

He refused to wear any of my 'pathetic muggle' clothes so we both ended up wearing something from his expensive closet. Malfoy wore a green jumper (obviously) with a long grey coat. I dressed a little more casually wearing just a white jumper since it was only a little cold outside.

When Malfoy was out of the room brushing his teeth or something me and Blaise began to talk.

"So Harry, how come you slept here last night? I know you're way closer with your Gryffindor mates."

"Don't tell anyone, but to be honest it's only because Malfoy wanted to sleep in here so bad and it's clear I'm a little stubborn. So I wasn't just going to let him sleep where he wanted that easily."

He laughed and Malfoy chose that moment to walk in.

"What're you laughing at?" He asked, frowning.

"It doesn't matter, you coming down for breakfast?" Blaise replied.

"Yeah, what about you Potter?" Malfoy asked, a hint of venom in his voice.

"I was thinking I might spend the day with Ron and Hermione." I said unsure as to what reaction I should expect. After Blaise shrugged and Malfoy rolled his eyes, I made my way to the great hall to meet Ron and Hermione.

I ran down the stairs and into the dungeon corridors, only just managing to get to the great hall. I was practically gleaming as I walked into the hall towards the Gryffindor table. I received a few strange side glances as I sat down, but everyone realised it was just me soon enough.