chapter six

"She needed a hero so that's what she became"

-Unknown

✥ ✥ ✥

DAMIEN SITS IN THE BLACK LEATHER SOFA with its back to the window while I lean on the same color glass table, my heartbeat frantic every minute that passes by.

We are probably in Chad's father's office and its modern, black and silver style works perfectly with the rest of the twenty-one-century house.

"Now, let's talk business, gorgeous." He eyes me from head to toe, a shiver running through my body at the exact time he scans me, and for the slightest moment, I regret what I did. "You clearly want something."

The bad boy's smirk that comes after that sentence is breathtaking. Why does he have to be so handsome? It would be much easier if he didn't look like a Greek god.

Breathe, Adelina.

"But before you ask for something, I must warn you. I don't bang girls that ask me to."

What the actual fuck? Does Damien think I want to have sex with him?

"Excuse me?" My voice sounded higher than I meant it to, but he seriously pissed me off. He throws his head back in a laugh and then runs his hand through his dark blonde hair while I press my lips together.

"If you are looking for easy sex, I must say I carefully choose the girls I fuck, gorgeous." I roll my eyes and he smiles at the glimpse of annoyance coming from me. Before I can think about something to say, I tell him the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Don't be cocky, bad boy. If I wanted to have sex with you, I wouldn't need to ask for it." Damien opens his mouth in awe, and for once, I stood up for myself in a confident way.

The weak girl today is hidden in the back of my mind. I just wish she could stay there every day.

Quickly, he tries to hide the fact that he's amazed by my little attitude and pulls his lips into the typical smirk that makes every girl weak in their knees.

"Feisty, huh? I guess you earned my attention." I bite my lip while he stands up and walks in my direction, stopping in front of me by a mere couple of inches. His piercing hazel eyes express delight by seeing me in such an uncomfortable position as my breathing becomes more and more anxious.

"Spit it out, gorgeous. We don't have all night."

I can't tell him about my brother. It's too dangerous. Sammy is relying on me.

Focus.

"I want you to teach me how to fight." He's caught in disbelief and all I do is tug my nails into my palm, anxiousness growing in me every second that passes by. If I learned how to fight, I could defend me and my brother from Tom. A terrible plan, but at least it's something.