chapter fourteen

"She's proof that you can walk through hell and still be an angel

"She's proof that you can walk through hell and still be an angel." 

- rh Sin

✥ ✥ ✥

MY FIRST INSTINCT IS TO RUN. All the once happy people that were on the bleachers lose no time in getting the hell out of here.

The shooting continues but I can't locate where is it. If it's fucking near us. There was never something like this, even if we knew the gangs would fight, they would always wait for after the game.

I hook my arm around Bella's so we don't lose each other and despite my trembling hands, we manage to get down of the bleachers, but not before we get carried away by the number of our classmates that were trying to do the same as us.

Run.

From one moment to the other, I let loose of my best friend's arm. Panic takes over me and I scream at her as loud as I can but as I get taken by the crowd, I don't see her gleaming blonde hair anywhere.

Lots of people run to their cars, an attempt to get out of here faster but I came with Bella's car.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Breathe, Adelina. You got this.

Instead of uselessly going to the parking lot, I decide to run as fast as I can to my left side, where there were a few cars parked and even fewer people going to.

I know that in these situations, I can't get myself with the fucking crowd, or else I will be suffocated.

Finally, when I'm far from the crowd, the silence takes place but I don't stop. I have no idea if the gunshots are going to start again or who the hell is doing this or worst- which gang.

My breath is steady; my heart going faster and faster, each time I push myself to continue running.

I keep going in the direction of the old road that was used to get to the football field, before they build a new one that was far away in my back, where dozens of cars are trying to leave, uselessly.

This is the only time I look back, my mind going a thousand miles per hour, hoping that whoever unloaded his gun is far away from here.

Breathe.

I have to constantly remind myself or else I would have a fucking panic attack, right here, right now and that's the last thing I need.

In a matter of minutes, I reach the old street, some lights from the poles flickering on the dark night but I can't focus on fear right now. Adrenaline is rushing through my whole body and I just need to get the fuck out of here.

I force myself to stop, my hands trembling next to my body but I have to think about where to go next. I try picking me up my cellphone but the moment the screen doesn't turn on, anxiety takes over. It has run out of battery and now my idea of calling a damn cab is ruined.