chapter ten

"She didn't want love, she wanted to be loved— and that was entirely different

"She didn't want love, she wanted to be loved— and that was entirely different."

- Atticus

✥ ✥ ✥

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?" Damien's voice tone is low and demanding. It's been minutes since I left my house and yet I can't shake away the bad feeling that something will happen the moment I step in again. This is taking too long but I can't rush the boy in front of me. He's not happy about this whole situation. "Answer me, Baker."

I have to take a deep breath before looking deeply at his hazel eyes that look impatient as hell. I guess I pushed things too far.

"No," I murmur, afraid of what might happen if I wear the mask of the confident and quirky girl I used to wear when next to him.

"I'm not sure if you know it but I run a damn gang, Adelina. This whole facade is real and I can be really bad when I want to so I advise that you start following my orders whenever I give them," he whispers in my ear while placing his hand on my neck in a possessive way and only that is enough to make my heartbeat go crazy.

I don't know what to think or how to react. Damien isn't the same boy that trained with me last Saturday and the thought of that scares me. To think about what he is capable of.

"I'm heartless, Baker." His hand goes all the way to my lips and he closes the spare inches between us by coming closer. I'm so near to him that if I lifted my chin a little bit more, we would kiss. My whole body shivers when the bad boy starts to run his hand through my lips and I just want to whisper, kiss me. His cologne is much stronger now and it's making my mind go crazy.

Despite my fear and my attempts to not desire Damien, I want him.

"You better watch out your tone next time." With that, he turns around and leaves, before I can even react to everything that has just happened. The bad boy toyed with me like I was his little puppet. Damien fucking Stone made me desire him only to leave in the end.

That bastard.

I almost forget that my dad is waiting inside for me to grab a package and the fact that I have none on my hands is enough to make me nervous. He will beat me, I'm sure of it.

Before it takes any longer, I'm already closing the door, gathering every ounce of strength I still think I have to face Tom.

He is sitting in the silver stool in front of the kitchen's marble countertop, the typical cynical half-smile on his face. The way he looks at me makes my whole body shiver, much more than what Damien causes in me.