chapter twenty-six

"She wears strength and darkness equally well

"She wears strength and darkness equally well. The girl has been half goddess, half hell."

- Nikita Gill

✥ ✥ ✥

"DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO BE A DICK," I say while a devilish smile dances on my lips, "forget it, I did."

I don't know where I take the courage from to spit those words at Damien's face, but his reaction is what catches me off guard. As I looked straight into his hazel, mesmerizing eyes, I thought he would be mad. Hell, a shiver went down my spine when telling him that.

But instead of cursing at me, the bad boy laughs.

A loud and honest one.

I can't help but widen my eyes, fighting the urge to smile at him, at how handsome he's when he lets himself be truly happy.

If everyone could see the boy in front of me like this.

His dark blonde hair is a bit messy because of the motorcycle helmet in his hands and instead of his usual leather jacket, the v-neck white t-shirt highlights his tanned skin and is tight in the right places, showing just enough of his abs and muscular arms.

"You look hot when you are mad, Adelina, I need to give you that," I open my mouth in annoyance but he doesn't stop, "I guess the reason why I'm a dick is because I left you alone in bed, right?"

I have to take a deep breath so I don't curse at him even more and I bit my lip hard to ignore the feeling of being exposed. Wasn't that what wanted, though? To him knowledge the fact that he was an asshole?

A smug smirk grows on his lips when Damien notices he nailed it right on spot but I don't let him win. I simply shake my head and say 'no' straight to his face before coming back to my room.

Yes, I left Damien Stone in the middle of the driveway talking alone, I might as well sign my death sentence now.

Now it's my turn to feel cocky and I allow a smile to spread on my lips as I hear his footsteps behind me in the hallway leading to the rooms. He's as addicted to me as I am to him.

But before I can even let my pride show and slam my door right in his face, the bad boy grabs me by my waist and takes both of us to a door on our left.

I let out a low startle, causing him to laugh underneath his breath and with his height advantage, he traps me on the nearest wall, his hands tightening the grip around my hip.

It looks like we are in an office in the dark, a peak of light coming from the hall but I don't even have time to protest when Damien smashes his lips on mine.