chapter thirty

"Little did she know, it was her last time of feeling truly alive

"Little did she know, it was her last time of feeling truly alive."

- Ally M. (me ;)

✥ ✥ ✥

"NO FUCKING WAY, KAYLA." It's all I can say as I look at the costume in my bed, my dark brown eyes widen at it.

"C'mon, you know I always rock every single outfit." Damien's sister has a devilish smile on her lips when I turn back to her, and she's right. You can tell just by looking at what she's wearing for today.

Kayla is dressed up as Cher, from Clueless, and every single piece of clothing is almost the same as the original. The iconic yellow two-piece set hugs her every curve, the skirt being even shorter than the one of the movie and sheer white high socks adorn her tights. Black pumps complement the look and to give her own personal signature, my friend decided to wear dark red lipstick and curl her hair. The honey blonde locks stop on her breasts now.

She looks stunning.

"Oh, I don't doubt that. You look damn hot by the way." She looks up and places her hand in her chin, acting like a princess and I laugh before continuing. The ego of the Stone's is higher than a building. "But I know for sure, Damien will be fucking pissed."

"That's the intention. He was the one who didn't want to choose anything."

She shrugs her shoulders, the smug smile still on and I have to agree with her, excited about what's about to come. After all, with this costume, I'm the one who sets the rules and I won't make it easy for the bad boy. That, if he doesn't kill us two.

"What the fuck is this, Kayla?!" Damien's screams come from his room at the end of the hallway and our loud laughs fill the air.

He smashes the door, probably even more pissed that we are mocking him but he will give away eventually. I will make sure his costume is worth it.

"Just trust me, you two will look gorgeous. Now you better hurry up, girl. The party starts in an hour." With a wink, she leaves me alone in my room, my baggy t-shirt being the only thing that I'm wearing, and when I look at the clock on my night, my heart beatd even faster. She isn't wrong on both things.

Her brother and I will look good as hell matching costumes.

I've already taken a shower, my wet hair making a shiver run through my back and I know I need to take care of it if I want to be on time.

Having long hair can really be a pain in the ass sometimes.

I decide to straighten it, as sleek as possible, and after almost sixty minutes, it looks perfect. My dark brown locks are even longer now that they aren't curled, stopping just a little above my butt and they gleam under the light.

As I look at myself in the mirror of the large bathroom, still not believing I live here, I notice a small smile forming on my lips.

For the first time in years, I love what I see. I feel hot, worthy and my heart warms up with the fact that this was everything my younger self wanted. I did some questionable things? Yes, but it paid off. I deserve all that I have now.