chapter twenty-five

"She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings

"She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings."

- Atticus

✥ ✥ ✥

I CURSE AS THE SUNLIGHT BRIGHTENS THE ENTIRE ROOM, interrupting my much-needed sleep after drinking like crazy and I regret so hard not closing the blinds.

How could I forget?

The exact moment I ask myself that, the picture of Damien's handsome face between my legs last night comes up in my mind and I feel my cheeks get redder just by the memory.

There is the reason.

I go through the entire scene, remembering everything we did and the sensation of his hands traveling my whole body but I stop myself before I reach the point where things got more intense, the last thing I need being to want a second round at this time.

The clock on my nightstand marks 7:00 am and a breathless 'fuck' leaves my lips when I see it. It's a Saturday and even without Tom in my life, I can't sleep until late.

I turn around, my eyes closing again hoping to get more rest, and let my arms fall next to me but instead of meeting Damien's body, the cold blankets welcome me.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I whisper underneath my breath as I wake up just to find the emptiness of the bed in front of me. The bad boy really is a player.

I don't know why I expected something else because I know we are just taking advantage of the sexual tension that appears way too much between us. I let out a bitter laugh for even thinking I would wake up next to him.

If that's what Damien wants, two can play this game.

With one deep breath, I stand up and head to the bathroom, urging to clean myself from the amount of sweat that it's stuck on my skin.

I can't help but laugh at my reflection in the mirror when I take off my clothes, my smudged eyes standing out but still, the bad boy's marks of a memorable night grab all my attention. My lips are bruised from the harsh kisses and trails of his tight grip covers my thighs and butt cheeks.

It's a reminder of how I got under his spell and when the sexual memories take up my mind again, I turn on the cold water.

"Fuck you, Damien," A small sigh leaves my lips as I enter the bathroom stall and I know it won't be the last time I will say that.

I shake away all thoughts regarding him, shoving his face to the back of my mind, and quickly turn my focus to myself. I let the water run through my entire body and wash away everything that happened, trying so hard to look like I didn't drink like crazy the night before.