𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Everyone from the Gryffindor table started to cheering wildly when the sorting hat shouted my house out. People from the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables clapped politely, while people from the Slytherin table didn't clap at all

McGonagall takes the sorting hat off my head and I join the Gryffindor table, my legs shaking with relief to have the spotlight off of me.
Fred and George shove other Gryffindor students out of the way to make room for me beside them and Hermione

"you're in Gryffindor! This is great!" Hermione exclaimed excitedly, placing her hand on my shoulder, "welcome to Gryffindor."I smile at her, and turn to Harry and Ron who were talking about a new teacher, feeling giddy with happiness as I was surrounded with new friends. 
I realized Harry and Ron were whispering to themselves, their eyes trained on the professor's table

I follow their gaze and my eyes land on a woman dressed in all pink. She had a tight smile on her face, and her posture was as perfect as a ruler.

Once the sorting ceremony was finished, Dumbledore stood in front of a magnificent golden podium and signalled for everyone to quite down, which everyone did.

"I would like to make an announcement," his voice echoed around the now quiet dining hall, "We are welcoming a new teacher to our ranks. Ms. Dolores Umbridge who will be teaching Defence Againsg the Dark Arts"

People clap politely, but no one cheers. It seemed no one was happy that this woman was here...
Dumbledore opens his mouth to continue, but is interrupted by the scrapping of her chair. He turns around, and realizes that Umbridge is standing. She has a sickly fake smile on her face, and her pink heels clicked on the stone floor as she made her way from behind the teachers table. 

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome." I wince at how sickly sweet her voice was. She turned to face the rest of us, her lips curled in a condescending smile, "And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me" I take a quick look around, and realize no one is smiling at her. I laugh softly at this.

She clasps her hands in front of her, giggling slightly, "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends"

"That's likely" Fred and George say sarcastically under their breaths. I laugh softly at their comment, bringing my hand up to conceal my smile.

She kept on talking, and I began to zone out slightly. Looking at her all pink outfit, I began to wonder what started her obsession with the colour, and hoped she owned other articles of clothing that weren't pink; for my sake and hers.

"Thank you Professor Umbridge, that really was most illuminating" I snap out of my fashion police thoughts when the high pitched voice of Umbridge was replaced by the evenly toned voice of Dumbledore's.

"Illuminating? I almost fell asleep! I murmur to the twins. They nod in agreement, "now can you imagine sitting through a whole class with that as your teacher?" Fred whispers.
George snorts, "this is going to be a long year"
I huff in annoyance, "I'm more worried that by the end of the year I am going to despise the colour pink!" I frown slightly, "and I like the colour pink"

Dumbledore festered to all the tables, "now that all the announcements are done. It is time to eat" he nodded, and I turn to see a whole bunch of food in front of me. My eyes widen at the variety of food, but my eyes go straight for the mashed potatoes