𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝖳𝗐𝗈 ☽

Ending 1 part 2

Most people were too busy celebrating. And who was to blame them, the Dark Lord had fallen. Voldemort was dead

But to him his life would still be the same, dreary, bleak life now that she was gone.

He held her in his arms, he could no longer feel the warmth coming from her body; she was long gone.

He had stopped sobbing, and just kneeled with her in his arms; looking at her face.

He hoped she would open her eyes, and she would smile at him. Then together they would celebrate their freedom, and the fact that Voldemort was dead.

Sometimes he would imagine that she moved, the slightest twitch, but it wasn't real. It was just all in his head.

She was dead, and he would never get her back

"Draco" someone whispered to him quietly, putting an arm on his shoulder softly "maybe we should let her rest?" He shook his head vigorously, and held onto her tightly.

When the great hall doors opened, Draco finally tore his eyes away from her body. Harry, Ron and Hermione were there; smiles on their faces. They had finally did it, after seven years they finally beat Voldemort.

Only when their eyes landed on the scene in front of them did their smiles drop from their faces.

They couldn't believe it, not her. Not her too.

All three were a mix of amazement and utter horror. Amazement because for the first time in seven years they saw someone who had tormented them tirelessly finally care about someone

Someone who inevitably lost their life.

It was shocking to see Draco cry this much; seeing as the only emotion they had seen from Draco was hatred

And they couldn't help but feel sorry for him, because they all knew Alice was one of the only good things in Draco's life; and she was taken from him.

They watched as Draco's mother tried her best to get Draco to stand up, and to loosen his grip on Alice's body. But he didn't budge

"I can't" he whispered bleakly, his voice breaking. His mother sank down next to him, and held him as he sobbed into her shoulder; finally letting go of his grip on Alice's body.

Hermione walked over to Alice's body, shaking her head

She pulled Alice's jacket over the gash in her stomach, hiding the blood stain on her shirt and the gash.

If she wasn't smeared in blood and dirt, it would look like she was sleeping peacefully.

Hermione could feel Ron wrap his arms around her shoulders, and Hermione sobbed into his shoulder.

Seamus and Neville watched from afar, tears streaming down their cheeks.

Alice was only at that school for three years, but it had felt like a lifetime. And the bonds she made which these people wouldn't go away all that easily.

• • •

When I open my eyes, I couldn't believe what I saw in front of me.