𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Over the past few months, I had developed a routine. Go to class, go to Quidditch practice, do homework, eat, sleep, repeat. I had no time to do anything else really, quidditch and school work took up all of my time.

I had taken what Hermione had said into consideration; and was apprehensive about Draco. I'd only talk to him when necessary, but when I did talk to him he wasn't rude or arrogant. I really only ever talked to Draco in Charms class, where it was just the two of us sitting together. There was a strong disconnect between Draco in potions and Draco in charms. It was as if they were two different people. The Draco I knew in charms was kind and considerate, always quick to help me with my work whenever I got stuck and was always grateful whenever I helped him. The Draco I knew in potions was the opposite. Silent and only spoke when spoken to. He would avoid talking to me for as much as possible, and would only speak to me when absolutely necessary. He would always talk to Blaise and Pansy, and I hated what they would say. They would bully others, and laugh at how stupid younger Slytherin students were.

I began to suspect that one of these two Draco's I knew was a front, the other a mask. I had a feeling Draco put on a front when talking to other Slytherins to establish who he was, and uphold some sort of status he had among the Slytherins. I liked to believe that this wasn't actually him, and the guy I would talk to in charms class was the real Draco.

But even if all of that was true, it still didn't excuse what he said to Neville.

Draco had insulted Neville in the hallway about his parents, who were in St. Mungo's Hospital from having the Cruciartus curse used on them too much to the point where it drove them to insanity.

I felt terrible when Neville told me what had happened. He had stormed into the Gryffindor common room, Harry and Ron right on his heels. His knuckles were a bit bruised from getting into a fight with Crabble and Goyle; and he was swearing how he was going to kill them. Once he had calmed down, he told me what happened; which was enough to send my blood boiling.

Ever since that night, I had stayed away from Draco. Abandoning any sort of friendship we had and not speaking to him at all

I shove all of those thoughts to the back of my head, and instead focus on the events of today.

Ginny, Luna and I were currently sitting at a table in the Three Broomsticks. Last night while we were studying, Hermione had told me to come to the Hogs Head with Ginny and Luna. She had explained that her, Harry and Ron were trying to start a sort of club where we learned to protect ourselves; seeing as Umbridge wasn't going to teach us. Hermione didn't tell me much more about the meeting before going back to her transfiguration homework.

I watch the white flakes of snow falling from the grey sky outside, and take a long sip of my butter beer. I felt the warm liquid trickle down my throat and warm the pit of my stomach.

I turn to Ginny and Luna, who were sitting in front of me. There was a slightly uncomfortable silence hanging in the air between the three of us, and I quickly thought of anything to talk about to fill the silence,"so... how are your classes going?" I ask. They both shrug, "They're okay" they both said in unison. Well, that was the end of smalltalk. We sit in silence for a little while more, looking around at the different people gathered around us. I drain the rest of my butter beer, feeling my cheeks warm up.

I glance over at Ginny's watch, and realize the time had come for us to leave

"we should get going" I mutter quietly. They both nod, and get up with me. We take a minute to bundle up before heading out into the cold.