𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒

After the Christmas holidays, the weeks went by fast and the weather got slightly better and warmer

I hadn't been able to sneak off and see Draco for a while, as we've both been busy. The DA meetings sadly had to come to an end, seeing as most of the members stayed home at Christmas break and didn't come back to Hogwarts.

But today, we were finally able to see each other.

when we weren't able to meet in person, we would write letters to each other, talking about our day and how much we missed each other. Our owls at first were extremely annoyed at the constant back and forth, but after a while they got used to it.

In his last letter, Draco talked about how he was having so much trouble in Herbology that Professor Sprout ordered him to spend time in the gardens for extra credit, hoping to knock some sense into him.

There was a spot I knew in the gardens, hidden from almost everyone. It was only ever used by a couple of people who wanted to pot plants in peace and quiet, and be surrounded by nature.

So, I told Draco to meet me there.

I had to sneak around to make sure no one saw me going into the secret spot, as I didn't want anyone to follow me.

That was where I was now. I was seated on the stone stairs, head leaning against the overgrown railing as I read my book. Draco was finishing up his Herbology extra credit, swearing to himself every couple of seconds.

I finally put my book down, and watch him with a peaceful smile on my face.

The sun was just setting, casting a warm golden glow on the grounds. Fresh red roses were just starting to bloom, their vines had taken over the stone wall to my left, perfuming the clearing in a beautiful scent.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I watched Draco overwater the plant, dirt mixed with water running down the pot.

"Okay, that's enough water Draco. You're going to drown it" I chuckle slightly, getting up and taking the watering can from his hands and setting it down

"I don't get it! She said to soak the roots! That what I did" He explained, frustrated.

I laugh, "Draco, you did more than soak the roots, you practically held them underwater for 5 hours"

He sighs, exasperated. I look at him affectionately, "here, let me help"

He only had a few more plants to go before he was done, so I quickly got to work planting them, deadheading them and watering them.

I could feel Draco's eyes on me, but I was so absorbed in taking care of the plants that I didn't bother to ask why he was staring.

When the last leaf was cut, and the last pot watered, I put my tools down and smile, satisfied. "All done" I say triumphantly, taking the gardening gloves off and taking the pots of the table and putting them in the sun

"You know, you really are beautiful when you work. It's like all worry washes away from you"

I smile happily, "plants just... get me" I smirk, "maybe its because they can't talk and annoy me"