𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

We had just crossed half of the bridge that lead to the forbidden forest when we met up with Harry and Hermione, who were running from the other direction.

"how did you get out?" Hermione asks, shocked to see us as we give her and Harry back their wands.

"It was Draco" Ron replies, still dumbfounded about what happened in Umbridge's office. Hermione looked like she was about to ask a million other question but I cut her off, "Never mind that, we have to focus on Sirius. How are we going to get to the Department of Mysteries?" I ask, looking at Harry for an answer. 
He sighs tiredly, "look, it's not that I don't appreciate your guys' help. But I think I need to go alone now"
Neville looks at Harry, confused and slightly angry, "I thought Dumbledore's Army was about making a difference, or was all that just words to you?"
Ron steps in to add, "Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," he says, looking at Harry pleadingly

Harry pauses for a minute, thinking it over. Ron and Neville's comments seemed to change his mind, because the next thing he asks is, "alright. So how are we going to get to London?"

Luna steps forward, a small, knowing smile on her face,"we fly of course!"

• • •

By flying, Luna meant by Thestral. A creature only seen by those who have seen death. I myself have never witnessed death, so it was quite the process finding and mounting a Thestral. Luna told me where to place my hands, and I clung to whatever I was holding for the rest of the ride to London, praying I didn't slip and fall off of this invisible creature.

It doesn't take us too long, and before I knew it we were in London. We used the Muggle entrance to get into the ministry, which was completly deserted at this hour. Our footsteps echoed as we ran in the empty ministry building towards the elevator We followed Harry to the elevator, which took us down to the Department of Mysteries.

"This is it." Harry remarked quietly as he leads us to tall, black door. He opens it slowly to reveal rows uppon rows of shelves with glass orbs on them. Dust and cob webs filled the empty space around the orbs.

"prophesies," I mutter to myself in realization, examining them as I continue to follow the group, my jaw slightly open in amazement at the size and volume of prophecies in the gigantic room.

We all had our wands out, using them as a light source to light up the area we were standing in. Harry branched out from the rest of us, looking for the clearing he saw in his vision. I continue to look at the light blue prophecies curiously, having only heard of them in books.

"He should be here," Harry declares, looking at the clearing he was standing in not too far from us. My heart sank, did that mean Sirius was already dead? Were we too late?

"Harry, this one has your name in it," Neville says in a hushed tone, looking at a small orb on one of the shelves. Harry makes his way over to it and picks it up, examining it curiously. The wispy blue in the orb turns a shade lighter in Harry's hands, and he holds it up as if to listen to it.

"Harry," Hermione whispers, pointing her wand in front of her. In the dim light, I could faintly see a man approaching us. My heart instantly leaps to my throat as fear slowly sweeps into my body.

Harry makes his way over to Hermione, prophecy in one hand and his wand in the other. The man walked closer, and I could finaly get a good glimps of him. He had shocking blonde hair that flowed down to his shoulders. He had a mean stare, and his face looked like it was contorted into a permanent scowl.