𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋

The day went by slowly, however today's lessons were almost over, and I was looking forward to a nice nap close to the fire in the Gryffindor common room after this overwhelming first day.

After Divination was done, I had to quickly run up to my dorm to grab my Potions text book that I forgot on my bedside table.

I practically sprinted to the dungeons and towards the potions room. I had just made it to class, panting slightly from runing down the stairs.

I scan the classroom and find fellow Gryffindors sitting together. To my dismay, there are no more seats left in their table. Neville and the other Gryffindors give me sympathetic glances. I just smile back and shake my head, telling them not to worry. The only spot left in the classroom is at the back with a group of Slytherins

I made my way over to the empty chair and sit down, giving them all small smiles. There was a girl sitting in front of me with dark hair pulled up into a ponytail. She was sporting a necklace that caught my eye

"What I'm interesting necklace," I commented shyly, "what is it exactly?" She smiled at my comment "its a snake fang. My mother gave it to me this summer" I nod, eyeing it a bit more, "Its fitting. Because you're in Slytherin and the house animal is a... snake right?" she nods, "that's right" she eyed me curiously,  "you're new right?"

I nod, "yeah. I'm new to Britian actually. I just moved this summer from North America" her eyesbrows go up in surprise "thats a long way" she extends her hand, and I shake it, "My name is Pansy Parkins" she gestures to the boy sitting next to her, "This is Blaze Zabini" she nods to the boy that was sitting next to me "and that's Draco Malfoy"

I smile, and shake Blaze's hand "Nice to meet you" he says smoothly, eyeing me apprehensively. "I normally don't talk to Gryffindors, but you don't seem too bad" I turn to Draco to say hello and find his eyes narrowed at me, "I don't talk to Gryffindors" he glanced at me up and down, a slight sneer to his lips, "they're too... hotheaded and reckless"

I sigh, kind of glad he said that. From my first impression of him, he didn't seem nice at all. From his stunt in McGonagall's class; to his comment now. He seemed like a snobby, arrogant guy; the type I despise

"well, I can't change your opinion" I say, venom in my voice. I turn away from him, and open my book. He scoffs "normally a Gryffindor would say something stupid about how they're proud to be Gryffindor" I roll my eyes "I thought you said you didn't talk to Gryffindors. But yet here you are already talking to me way too much" I narrow my eyes at him, and give him the same answer he gave me, "too much for my liking" My cheeks began to turn red, and my hands began to shake, which usually happens to me in confrontation

Draco snickered, and he raised an eyebrow, "Did you hear what she said to me Blaise? She's got quite the attitude; this one" he kissed his teeth, his jaw clenching, "and I don't like it one bit"

I shoot him one final glare "look, Malfoy. If you don't talk to me, and I don't talk to you; we won't have a problem"

He laughs at me, "listen, Webster. I don't know who you think you are, but you don't get to show up here and just start ordering people around," he leaned in close to me, "I don't know if you've picked this up; but I run this Castle"

I scoff, and my lip instinctively curled in disgust. I wanted to scream at him and tell him how vile he was, but I was finished talking to him. Turning around, I focus my attention to the teacher. Draco was getting under my skin; he was attractive, but a complete ass.