𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

I walk as fast as I can to the Gryffindor common room. Draco's words troubled me. Who was coming? Why did he look so angry and scared? What was about to happen?

I hesitate in front of the door to the common room. It felt wrong to go in and hide from whatever was going on out there, especially if people were in danger.

But I also didn't want to be the cliché person who goes against what someone says and ends up making the whole situation a lot worse.

I take a deep breath; and close my eyes. What was I doing?

I groan and open the common room door. I was going to do a little bit of both. I would stay in here for 20 minutes and then go see what was happening. I nod, a satisfied smirk on my face.

I sink down into the couch, and for the first time in months everything made sense. There was no confusion about Draco, I didn't feel anxious, I was okay.

I bite my lip and smile softly when I remember Draco kissing me. It was one of the interactions that we've had that wasn't toxic and no one was manipulating the other. It was normal, happy relationship stuff. My heart fluttered at the idea of being in a relationship with Draco. I was excited.

I had drifted off into a light sleep when an ear-piercing scream startles me awake. My heart pounds in my chest, and I look around to see no one in the common room. I grab my wand that had fallen out of my pocket and onto the ground. Clenching it in my hand, I open the common room door and peak my head out from the door. The hallway was deserted.

I stop in my tracks, debating whether I should keep going. I was scared, I had no idea what was going on outside.

I curse myself, I'm a Gryffindor. I shouldn't get scared.

I straighten my shoulders, grip my wand tighter in my hand and make my way down the hall. I turn a corner, and down some stairs to find a small group of people gathered around something lying on the ground

I frown, as I shove past the people to see what was on the ground

What I saw broke my heart.

It was Dumbledore. He was sprawled out on the ground lying motionless. I feel someone push past me, and I look to my left to see McGonagall standing beside me, a stricken look on her face.

Tears were streaming down my face as someone pulled me back slightly

If Dumbledore was dead, that could only mean one thing. Draco had succeeded in his mission, and the Death Eaters were in the castle

A shiver runs down my back when I come to that realization.

That's why Draco wanted me to hide. And I'm glad I listened to him, if they were all able to kill Dumbledore, I really wouldn't have stood a chance against them

• • •

The next few days went by fast. The Hogwarts administration wanted the students back as soon as possible; knowing that now that Dumbledore was dead Hogwarts wouldn't be as safe as it once was.

Before I knew it I found myself back home for the summer.

I didn't want to be home, but it was better than being at Hogwarts, given the state of things. Hogwarts had turned dark and depressing, just like the rest of the world now that Voldemort had risen to power

When I came home, I found that my mother's mood had slightly improved since I had left for Hogwarts last year. She was still bitter as always but at least she wasn't crying every night like last summer.

I didn't see Draco at the end of the year, nor the days leading up to the final day. He must've gone home after Dumbledore was killed. I just hope he was okay

After only being home for a couple of days, I had received an invitation to Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour's wedding. I didn't personally know the two, so I figured Molly must've asked them to invite me along.

I was grateful for this invite, as I could spend the last few days of summer with my friends.

Shoving the invitation under my pillow, I immediately begin to write my friends and making plans for the rest of the summer. Knowing that there was only a few weeks left before the wizarding world was plunged into darkness