𝖳𝖾𝗇

The Christmas holidays went by way faster than I had thought. It was nice having a break from Hogwarts, and getting to see my parents again. I had gotten a little homesick while at Hogwarts, and I had missed my old bed and privacy.
Sadly, the break had come to an end. It had felt like yesterday when I had gotten off the train and saw my parents, now I was back at the same platform saying goodbye to my parents.

"It was so nice seeing you again" My mother says, kissing my cheek and pulling me in for a bone crushing hug. 
I hug her back just as hard, "I'll see you soon" I say, pulling back and smiling reassuringly at her. 
I turn to my dad, who had a proud look on his face, "keep being in those good grades, and kick some ass at Quidditch, eh?" 
I couldn't help but laugh, "I always do, dad" 
He smiles brightly "I love you," he says as he pulls me into tight hug
We pull away, and I face my parents one last time, "Well, I guess I better go" I turn, scanning the crowd for a familiar face.

I see Luna's white hair from the corner of my eye "there's one of my friends," I mutter as I grab my bag from the ground, "I'll write to you every week!" I shout over my shoulder, giving them a small wave. They wave back, sad smiles on their faces.

I turn my head back around, but just a moment too late. I run straight into someone, and I reel back in surprise "Oh! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was-" I look and I finally register who I had run into. My heart skips a beat when I realize it was Draco who I had bumped into. "Watch where you're going!" He hisses, turning around swiftly. He also registers that it is me, and his face softens slightly,"Oh, Webster. It's you," he nods at me, "how are you?" He asks softly, and immediately all the blood rushes to my cheeks.

"Fine" I reply cooly, trying to keep an unemotional front. He nods courtly, "good" he gives me one last look before walking past me to the train. I blink, somewhat in a daze as I try to process what just happened.

"Hello Alice" I snap my head around, once again jumping in surprise. I relax when I see it's just Luna. She must've saw from across the station and walked over to me "Oh, hi Luna" I breath out, still watching Draco's retreating figure weave around people on the platform. She gives me a small smile, "I've just interrupted a thought, haven't I" I shake my head, tearing my eyes off of him and focusing on Luna, "it was a thought that wasn't worth my time" She tilts her head to the side, her eyes glazed over in thought, "all thoughts are worth some time" my eyebrows furrow slightly, and decide that this conversation had gotten way to smart for me to understand, "let's find a compartment, shall we?" I ask, changing the subject. She nods, and together we board the train

We search most compartments for an empty one, or some of our friends; but find neither. It was when we looked into one of the last compartment did we find Hermione, Harry and Ron.

"Hello!" I say, entering the compartment and sitting next to Hermione, "did you have a good holiday?" I ask them. They all nod "yeah, you?" I nod "yeah"

The compartment falls quiet, and I look out the window. The train started with a lurch, and the rhythmic bumps of the train lulled me into a small trance as I absently looked at the English countryside as it zoomed past.

I find my thoughts wandering to Draco. I felt slightly sad at the thought of our relationship. I thought he liked me, and trusted me enough to confide in me. But I guess as I was wrong, because now he acts as if we are just acquaintances, maybe even less. It stung slightly, because I thought we were becoming close. I even wanted to help him. But now he walked around like nothing happened, like that conversation never took place.

I lean my head against the cold glass of the window. If Draco wanted to act like nothing had happened between us, then fine. I could act like that too.