1: Likes Of You

"Paralyzed, by my, envy of the night." Angelo whispers soft and sweet in my ear as he hugs me from the behind as we watch the stars in the sky, "I am lost without you here." He sings softly, kissing the exposed skin on my neck.

"And outside it looks like rain." He whispers once more, tapping my shoulder. He kept tapping, his soft fingers danced against my exposed skin. He rarely ever sang to me, this was something new.

"For the last time, I bleed myself dry tonight." I continue as I turn around and stare into his captivating blue eyes. I don't know why let this go on—some spell I was under.

"And nothing I could ever write, would help you understand this life. There's so much beauty when your eyes, lay lost in all the city lights." He smiles and places a lingering kiss on my forehead as he says those sickening words—those words would haunt me for years. These very words would leave an awful scar behind.

"The wax will drip as so as blood, romance is dead and all is lust," I press, wrapping my arms around his waist tightly, wanting him to never let go.

"You are the water in my lungs, we've lost it.." He pushes me back a bit, his eyes turning cold and cruel before me.

"We're all alone!" He reaches out for my arms, it was like a little dance going on. He finally grabs onto my hand, placing a small kiss on it, "Paralyzed, by my envy of the night, I am lost without you here, and outside, it looks like rain."

"Tonight, I bleed myself dry, I bleed myself dry, I bleed myself dry." He reaches up and wipes a stray tear escaping from my waterline, the Angelo I knew once before was gone and dead when he held my wrist tightly, "There's nothing I could ever right, that would help you understand this life."

Then he whispers, "There's so much beauty when your eyes, lay lost in all the city lights." I respond with a strained voice, "The wax will drip as so as blood, romance is dead and all is lust, you are the water in my lungs."

"We've lost.. it... all."

I jerk awake, feeling tears coming from my eyes when my alarm awakes me from my not-so-soothing sleep. I've been having these nightmares—nightmares that scare me awake, or keep me asleep. I feel trapped in them.

I can't help but remember him, what he used to be when we were young. Now that guy is gone, his whole personality vanished. He wasn't the same guy I once knew years ago with the shy smile and the quiet laugh. He was the one that made me fall hard for his breathy chuckle, but now that's gone. I fell for him for a reason, I thought he cared. I thought he was the one. Turns out, I was wrong.

My small four year old with his icy blue eyes, and bright smile reminded me of him so much. That long, inky black hair haunted me everyday. When I found out I was pregnant with Blake—my daughter— it was like the whole world collapsed, it all just fell. A simple world that would ruin the rest of my life.
"Mom?" I look towards the door, seeing my daughter in her pajamas, having a phone in her hand, my phone to be exact.

"Someone's calling you," I shuffle towards the door and grab my phone, she shyly makes her way out the door and I could hear her tiny feet clad against the wood boards.

"Hello? Who is this?" I was itching to know the person that would randomly call.

"Hi, Helena." The man chuckled on the other line, making my skin raise goosebumps, "I missed you."

"Why did you call me?" I asked, already annoyed with him.

"To apologize, dear, I want to meet my daughter, please." I clench my jaw and start shouting to the other line. I was not about to let this man meet my daughter because he finally wanted to come into her life.

"You want to see her?! After this long? What is wrong with y-"

"Not my fault you took her away from me!"

"I was merely protecting her, you twat, I wanted to keep her away from the likes of you. She doesn't deserve to have a father who kills," His voice was gone, it was only us breathing on either side of the phone, "She doesn't deserve a cunt bucket."

"Fine, then I'm coming, be ready, Helena."