23

There will be a sequel, when this is finished of course - Author

Week 1 out of 4

"This is  complete bullshit." Kylie sighs, tossing her legs over the couches arm as she eats a strawberry pop tart.

"Well I have to go drop Blake off at school, and then go to work." I input, tugging on my black pencil skirt and tucking in the white collared shirt.

"I'm still looking for a job!" Kylie exclaims, eyes wide.

"You could always apply to be a substitute at Blake's school, they always need those." I lick my dry lips, making sure Blake was eating her breakfast. Preschool was oddly with the middle school area, it was just how the school was built.

I'm sure Kylie would do fine maybe substituting for older children, but then that worries me.

"Go apply for it, I'm sure they'd like to take you, I'll actually take you Saturday if that's fine." Kylie nods, giving Blake her book bag and waving us off. I scurry to find my own belongings and finally grab them, going out the the Jeep and unlocking it.

"Blake, sweetie, give mommy a moment."

Blake stands in her little outfit Angelo had bought her a while ago. The purple sweater will a sparkly black B on it. Her sparkly black leggings reflected against the light outside and I smile when she giggles.

I know she misses Angelo, I know I miss him. And of course Kylie misses Devin.

But I guess I could pretend like it was before.

I place Blake in her booster seat, being careful that my black heels don't dig into the mud when I do this.

"Helena!" Kylie runs out with Blake's stuffed animal, apparently it was show and tell day.

"Thank you." She hands the bear to me and I jump in the vehicle, oh what a fun day this will be.

- -

My heels click in the hallway as I clutch the stuffed animal in my hands, Blake skipping down the hallway next to me. She was a little too happy today, probably because Angelo said he'd call when they got to wherever they were going.

I honestly was pissed when he told me, he just got back, and then left again! Wouldn't you be pissed?

"Mr. Charnas, a pleasure." He walks out of the classroom with his child, scoffing.

"I heard Angelo came back, should I call you Mrs. Parente?" He laughs, I hate him, so much.

"Why are you in Mr. Mabbit's class anyways?"

"We're friends, chill." I roll my eyes, tugging on Blake's arm as he walks down towards Costello's room.

"Helena! TJ wants to apologize, I know that.."

"It's completely fine, I understand why he left, but forget about it." I smile, hugging Blake and giving her the stuffed animal.

"Remember, we're calling Daddy tonight." I whisper, and she giggles running off towards her cubby area.

"Angelo's back?" I nod.

"Never would've guessed, Christopher maybe, but never Angelo." I agree, knowing that Chris would've shown up anyways, probably to bribe me to come back. Give or take a couple more years, they're getting older, we're all getting older.

He would've told me some things, and I would've agreed or disagreed.

"Well, I'm sure I'll see you again, Craig, nice seeing you." He waves, and I walk out of the classroom.

Now, my personal hell, work.

- -

Christopher watches me as I purse my lips, staring at the house in front of us. I bought a house, still in town, just a regular family house, close to school, stores, and restaurants, fast food chains etc.

"It's already painted gray, how about the living room is an off-white?" Chris clicks his tongue, shaking his head.

"No, paint the living room gray also."

"No! That wouldn't look right!" I disagree and Chris scowls, he was already done putting up with my shit today, I was just very.. demanding.

"Paint it whatever you fucking want, where the hell is everyone else?!" Ricky has yet to arrive, he was being slow as hell and said he was going to get the paint with Joshua.

Devin was buying all the necessities for painting, since everything was already fixed up, and inspected. Curtesy of Ryan, who knows people.

"Call Ricky." Chris digs for his phone and unlocks it, finding Ricky's name and putting it on speaker phone.

"Chris, what colors do I buy?" He whines, and I groan. He was so childish sometimes.

"Gray, Black, dark purple, white." You could hear Josh say "What the fuck" in the background.

"Is this a goth house?"

"Just get the damn colors, Richard!" I yell, and Chris grimaces his eyes on the girl across the street. She was fairly pretty, with the brown hair and the tall figure.

"What type of gray." I sigh, taking my eyes off the girl who was running and look at the phone.

"Light." Chris hangs up the phone and groans loudly, he was obviously tired, staying up with me all night just to plan out this house.

"You're so lucky, Angelo, I want to sleep dammit." I smile, thinking of Helena.

She's at work right now, so there's no point in calling her.

Blake was in school, no point in that either!

"How much money are you putting into this, Angelo?"

"However much I need."

"You've been cashing in money for years dude, what the hell?"

"We all have a shit ton of money, Chris." He nods, scrolling through his Pinterest.

I always thought he was stupid to have just a petite thing like Pinterest, so fucking stupid.

- -

Ricky arrives, pulling out boxes of paint, brushes, and rollers with Ryan, Devin, Ricky and Josh.

"Okay you fuckers, what's the plan, and how many rooms?" Ricky crosses his arms, leaning on Chris.

"There is a living room, a kitchen, 2 1/2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and one guest, and an office space." Josh says, obviously already educated on this.

"I want the bathrooms to be white, Blake's room dark purple, the kitchen and living room to be gray, and bedrooms black, as well as the office space." I cluck, picking up one of the boxes and carrying it inside.

"Tape is already on the walls and the ground is covered with plastic and newspaper!" Chris yells outside.

"Assigned rooms?" Ryan asks as they walk inside.

"Uh, Chris and Ricky, kitchen." I say, pointing to the large area.

"Devin and I will take the bathrooms!" Ryan says, picking up two buckets of white paint as Devin takes the brushes.

"Josh and I bedrooms it is then."