13:He Wants To

I don't care how short; or confusing this is, I'm tired af, even though its only 10:10 PM. But I have a volleyball game tomorrow so ya know ~Author

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!" I shifted in my spot, pouncing up from the couch and grabbing my shoes. Angelo calls after me, confused on what is actually happening.

"Our daughter got into a fucking fight!" I groan, and he quickly pulls on his shoes and rushes out the door behind me, jumping into the car, furious. I back out of the driveway and quickly push my foot down onto the petal. Swerving past cars.

"How the fuck did she get into a fight, she's in PRESCHOOL."  He places his hand on my knee, trying to reassure me.

"Has she ever told you anything?"

"No! She always says she loves school!"

"Well, maybe you should ask a bit more thoroughly, Helena." I couldn't help but agree, I only ask her the normal questions, the mom questions. Angelo was staring at me with raised eyebrows, waiting for a reaction of some sort, staring intently at me. The school comes into view and my cheeks puff out, probably looking like some maniac from Halloween Town. (Please tell me some of you remember those iconic movies?-Author)  Angelo squeezes my knee, unbuckling himself as I pull into the parking lot and pull between two of the lines. Resting my head against the seat, I draw in a breath, climbing out of the car.

Angelo follows me into the school, entering the front glass doors and into the front office, where the secretaries sit and chat with Blake and ...Carla? Cony? Caprice? Caroline? Carrie sits opposite of Blake, her knee bruised and a childish smirk on her face. Helena was quiet, a cut on her little cheek and a few bruises on her legs.

Angelo walks over first, behind on his knees in front of her.

"Hey baby, what happened?" Blake lays her head on Angelo's shoulder, wrapping her little arms around him as they sit their hugging for wait seems like forever. I sit next to them, rubbing Blake's back as I watch Carrie's parents talking to her, happily. I felt like I needed to confront them, but I didn't want more shit coming to Blake.

"Carrie hurt me! K-kicked me, and scratched me! Pushed me!" Blake climbs into my lap and lays her head on my chest, tears coming out of eyes as we sit in the office, luckily Angelo was talking to the secretary, so all attention was away from us.

I figured it was time to go home, and I stood up, carrying Blake and her bags out. Angelo speed walks behind me, opening the Jeeps back door and helping Blake buckle her seatbelt. I sit the bags under her feet and close the door, facing Angelo.

"You're right."

"About?"

"Talking to my daughter, she could've told me-"

"It's not totally your fault, I could've contributed more and-"

"Mine."

"What? No."

"I'm such a sorry excuse of a mother." He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me in for a hug. His sweet scent washes over me and I lay my head on his chest. His lips press through my hair and I sigh, standing with him for a few minutes.  He pulls away first, going for the passenger side door and I climb into the drivers, turning my head towards Blake after I close the door.

"How about we go get something to eat? Go through the drive thru?"

"I'm paying!" My eyes narrow at Angelo, and he smirks, reaching his arm back and his hand clasping Blake's. She giggles and I turn around, shaking my head at the two. Angelo takes out his phone and holds up a finger, his voice drifting through the air. "Come over? I'm trying to spend the day with my-"

"Excuse me, Sola, I don't have time for your stupid-"

"Thomas I swear to fucking h-" I quietly listen to the conversation as I drive down the street, stopping at a red light for a few seconds. Blake had already drifted off, probably tired from her little fight at school.

"Richard, you fucktard! I want to spend time-"

"I know it was my fault for leaving for four years," Angelo rubs his eyes, pointing at the Sonic sign that came into view. His conversation seemed to last fucking forever.

"Do I need to send Christopher on your asses? Or Balz?? Can all of you not function correctly? Do you always need help? I want to spend time with my daughter, MY DAUGHTER, and HELENA, so please, stop calling me."

"Fuck all of you." I was already retrieving our food when Angelo got off his phone, his forehead pushed up into creases. Silently, he reached into the bag and shoved a few fries into his mouth. I placed the drinks in the cup holder, deciding not to say anything in particular. That might piss him off, more than he already is.

                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[8:41 PM]

Blake was asleep in bed already, stomach full of her favorite fast food chain. I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, slowly taking my make-up off. Chewing on my bottom lip, I step out of the bathroom and open the door to my own room, moving under the comforter. I turn off the lamp next to me, closing my eyes.

"Going to bed so soon?" I make a small 'hmph' sound and I feel arms wrap around my waist, lips pressing against the nape of my neck.

"What exactly were they saying on the phone?"

"Um.."