9: Advocating, Lust For A Cause- Part 2

Arriving at the venue was quick, but Blake and I were told to sit out in the car until someone came and got is after unloading the trailer. So Blake had gargoyle in her hands, clutching the stuffed animal as she slept peacefully against the car seat. I, on the other hand, was thinking a lot, mostly about what has happened in the matter of a few days.

I'm already getting closer than I want to Angelo, it all just feels odd. Four years ago, when he told me that unfaithful night, I left, after of course slapping him, with Blake fresh in my stomach. I just left, packed all my things and lived with my sister for awhile, working the same job I still work today.

I wonder what would've happened if I found out without Angelo telling me, but now he does it to protect? Not just for joy? Why hasn't he done anything yet, what's going on? Does he hire people to kill for him?

"Mm, Helena, stop choking on your thoughts, I'll grab Blake's and yours bag, you grab Blake please." Angelo's figure pops up out of nowhere, his face in an awkward position and I chuckle, handing him the bag and unbuckling Blake at the same time. I pick her up, making sure gargoyle isn't falling.

"Have everything?" He questions as he closes the door and locks it. I nod and we walk into the building, getting a few smiles from the security or workers. A few younger girls wink at Angelo and I scoff, catching his attention when he chuckles in my direction.

"If people give you shit, I'm sorry, some girls are just whores," He leans over and pecks my head through my hair, opening the door to their dressing room.

"They were probably fucking in the car- oh hi guys." Devin pops up, chuckling slightly as he awkwardly walks over to the vanity.

I lay Blake on the couch, Angelo sitting the bag on the floor next to it. "Want to help with make-up? Kylie will help also." Angelo calls the boys over and tells them the plan.

"So, Ricky and Ryan are practicing right?" The rest of the guys nod, a girl prancing into the room in the matter of seconds.

"..There is a literal child, and another woman?" She looked beautiful, which made me feel a bit insecure about myself since I probably looked like crap.

"This is Angelo's baby momma." Devin replies, planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"I'm Kylie, let me guess Angelo told you he was a damn murderer, you left pregnant and now you're back, and attempting not to fall back in love," The whole room goes quiet and I flush, escaping the silence by saying,

"I'm Helena." She chortles.

"For make-up I say Helena does Angelo's, Chris's, and Ricky's." I agree, knowing that if Chris and Ricky aren't together, all hell will rain down on us. The show starts at 545, and it's currently 3:00, Ricky and Ryan are back, leaving Devin, and Josh to go warm-up.

"So is Angelo and Christopher separate since Chris is vocals and-"

"Yes, we're separate." Chris raises his non-existent eyebrows and clutches Ricky's hand, leaving Angelo and Blake cuddling on the couch. I take the free moment to take a photo of them, capturing the dull moment in its glory.

"Hey, we ended early so they'd have time to set up the stage, so Chris go ahead, you have fifteen minutes for Vocal warm-ups." It was only 3:20, so that means Angelo won't have much time to do anything.

"Do you all practice together?"

"Ah, if we have time. The show might be early, depending on the other band playing after us." I wonder what their song set up is? Maybe I'll ask for the list.