Part 11: Trees & Gargoyles

Hello, I need a favor. So I was wondering if any of you could find a girl that could maybe play as Helena. I can't really describe her, and I was thinking about placing Alex Dorame as her, or Shannon Taylor? So.. any suggestions?~ Author

I ignored the call, wanting to lay in bed and sleep. The phone kept ringing, the annoying sound drifting through the air. Finding that it was killing me not to answer the thing on the table.

"You finally ignored a call from work, Helena." Angelo runs his fingers through Blake's hair staring down at her almost dreamily.

"Hmm.. I guess so, I'll just call in sick, I'm sure Michael will love it- he won't have his favorite person in the office." Angelo chuckles tiredly, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear and closing his eyes.

"Wake me up in a few hours."

~~

7:30 AM

Light beamed through the window and I scrunched up my face as I stared at the computer screen in my office, the numbers popping up unexpectedly. I had called in sick, hopefully able to spend time at home and get more work done than I usually do at the office. Seeing that preschool started in about an hour and ends at two.

Parting my ways with the screen, I slide out of the black office chair and walk down the hallway to see Angelo next to Blake, sound asleep and the faintest of snores coming out of their mouths. The room darkens as clouds look overhead, rain starting to pour from the sky. I lightly tap Angelo, him waking up.

"It's been four hours Ange, get up and get ready."

"Why?"

"Well, we're going to drop Blake off at her preschool and then I have to go grocery shopping, do look decent." He groans, shoving himself off the bed and walking into the bathroom. Shrugging, I leave Blake asleep as I step into her own room, opening the closet and searching through it.

I decide on a purple sweater with some black leggings and her favorite boots, the clothes being lied down on her bed. I could hear tiny footsteps and I find Blake standing in front of me, her hair ruffled and tangled. What a task.

"This nice girl gave me a shower!" She shouts unusually loud.

"What was her name, darling?"

"Kia? Kiwi? Ky- Kylie!" I smile softly, peeling off her pajamas and putting on her outfit. My phone rings again and I finally decide to answer, hearing the person over the phone.

"Helena speaking."

"I need the numbers for the delivery, they didn't go through. Tell me please?" Andy was huffing over the phone as I ran around the house trying to find my paper copy, as I told him some of them I remember.

"Uh, 2, 5 and-"

"Wait- never mind they finally came." I hang up annoyed and turn towards Blake's bedroom, seeing her hair already down and placed in her black beanie. Angelo has wide eyes, mesh shorts hanging low on his hips as he stands with a hairbrush in his hand.

"She is like a beast when someone touches her hair, damn." Placing my phone down, I thank Angelo quickly and rush to the kitchen, going into the freezer and grabbing another banana pop.

"Do you always have those on you?"

"Her favorite, so I literally always need them somewhere around me, or a honey bun."

"Oo nice." Blake runs out from the hallway with gargoyle and I mutter, "Why did she name it gargoyle?"

"Alright, lets talk about this." I face Angelo and hand Blake the banana pop and she runs back into the room. He leans against the counter, his tattoos catching my attention.

"In order for me to fall asleep when I was younger, I used to daydream I was a gargoyle." I make a snort sort of sound and he laughs, his smile widening.

"So when I'd go back to sleep, I'd hopefully continue the dream." Smirking, I clap sarcastically, and he rolls his eyes, still smiling my way.

"Why a gargoyle?"

"At least I didn't think a tree was my friend."

"You still remember that?" He nods, briefly connecting back to the story I told him before I left, about how I used to think that a tree was my best friend when I was at least 7. I have no shame with having absolutely no friends.

"Well then."

"I believe we have to go."