hey dear

Summary: Inspired by my poem Hey Dear, which was inspired by that line in the song Revelation when Troye goes, "hey dear, you're a wrecking ball" Just pure fluff. I make myself sick.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none

He met him in the garden, with tulips growing out of his chest. His heart was a music box, and hidden among the swaying petals laced with silk and rosy fragrances, his secret tunes he wove alone in his room burst from his fingertips and painted the sky.

The sea in his eyes filled up with storms when the mean boys ran around the bend and teased him for the blue belles and white petals in his shoes. They pushed him down and scraped the inked stars from the cuffs of his jeans, but Dan took his little, pale hands, bitten pink from nervous teeth.

"I like the petals in your shoes." He'd promised, watching yellow daisies bloom behind the cerulean, dreamy blue.

The laughter that spilled from his candy lips was floaty and breathless and coated in melted warmth and heated sugar. Dan swallowed the sweetened air he breathed, and every time he met him in that garden, he stained him a different color, one that left flourishing imprints long after they said goodbye.

And as the sky bursts at the seams, and yellow shadows traced the cracks on the shattered surface, Dan found himself wanting to explore the stretch of cotton clouds, seamless around his thin body. He wanted to taste the colors he wrapped himself in and the universes on his shoulder blades and the stars scrawled on his sweet lips. He wanted to see if Phil Lester tasted sweeter than he smelled, than the flowers he'd strung in his hair, and the seeds he'd left in his heart, a place of secrets not even he understood.

They laughed in that garden until the trees had memorized the sound of their joy and painted their cheeks in the same sunshine floating to the tops of their heads. Purple flowers grew where they danced, and roses bled where they hurt.

And when they screamed in thunderous roars and tired sobs and sharp words hurled in a shameful attempt to see the other falter, Phil would cry, and Dan would stop, frozen by the sight of stars falling down his pretty face.

"Why are you crying?" Phil would sob into his shoulder as he held him tight against his chest, fitting the shape of him into every corner of his mind.

"Because you're crying."

Those angry red moments never seemed to last long.

When their lips found each other for the first time, Dan could taste the yellow daisies on his fingertips as they tangled in his curls, the peaches on his tongue, and the poppies that flourished bright with each new touch. The melted chocolate in his mouth was thick and delicious against Phil's, and under purple nights, their arms and legs intertwined, cast in silver by the smiling face of the moon, Phil mouthed lace and silk words into the crevices of his daffodil stained collarbones, humming cotton candy clouds into his skin.

Dan gave him all of his promises, laced in golden thread, and each holding pieces of a heart that filled up his whole body, overflowing with dreams and longing he hadn't known existed.

And in exchange for a glimpse at that hidden garden woven in his bones, and locked behind his lashes, he gave all of his secrets too. He was vulnerable and stripped bare.

Phil found him hiding in his shadow and breathed orchids and irises into his lungs. And he pulled the unfound skies from his breaths and gave them in return.

"You are my dearest love," He promised, fingers forever held in his own. "All my flowers, they are yours. I have saved and been saved, I have loved and been loved."

Dan would kiss him senseless until both their lips turned as blue as the lobelias wound around their toes.

"Just tell me I'm your darling."

He would hold his hand and sigh.

"All the worlds beyond my hidden gardens," He whispered, cherry blossoms on his cheeks. "I want you to see them all. Won't you let me see yours too?"

And Phil would smile, folding his words into chest, and giving him everything in return.

"Of course," He laughed, tracing all of his blooming constellations. "hey dear, don't you know, I love you so."

Hey dear, I love you so.

A/N: How was that one? Good? Bad? Okay? Does it need improvement? Do you love it? Hate it? Also the poem this was inspired by can be found in my poem book, Lovely. You can check it out if you want. I love you all to the end of the universe and back. And we both know the universe has no end. You are so precious and so so so beautiful. Please take care for yourselves, you deserve everything. Be kind to yourselves and treat yourselves because you're special and you're worth it! Eat and stay hydrated! I'm sending you the biggest, warmest hugs. Love youuuuuuuuuuu!