airbus beluga xl

Summary: Dan is up past 1 AM reading a Wikipedia article on the Airbus Beluga XL.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: none

Phil groaned, turning on his side and pulling the crisp white covers and blankets sprawled and twisted across their hotel bed up to his chin, long lashes slowly fluttering open, sleepy pools of sapphire blue and shimmering yellows and greens.

The lamp was on, he realized with a soft, barely processable shock, mind muddled with sleep and exhaustion, their world tour having taken quite a toll on his body and making him more tired than usual.

The gentle yellow light shifted over his cheekbones, highlighting the rosiness of his cotton candy colored lips.

He ran his fingers through his ebony black locks as curiosity grew in his chest, slowly pushing himself up into a sitting position with a groan, low voice raspy, and squinted at the blaring red numbers on the clock on top of the nightstand.

1:45 am.

Phil shook his head, a quiet exhale of surprise swirling into the still air, and he turned his head. He was immediately met with the harsh glowing light of a computer screen, the glaring rays probably burning Dan's retinas, who, Phil realized with a spike of surprise and worry, was still up, propped against the pillows, laptop resting on his thighs, sun kissed fingers sliding over the mouse pad, waves of light brown curls messy, frizzy, and wild, and chocolate eyes shining with gold and burgundy fixed on whatever he was looking at, narrowed as he occasionally rubbed them, wincing in slight discomfort.

Phil frowned.

Why was he still awake?

He knew it was important, especially important for Dan to get good sleep every night, and that he definitely needed the rest.

They were on tour after all.

So he should have been sleeping, their arms wrapped around each other, long slender legs tangled under the sheets, and warm breaths fanning out across their skin.

But he was up setting his eyeballs on fire instead.

"Bear, why are you still up?" He asked incredulously, words still laden with exhaustion, and Dan jumped slightly, snapping out of his daze and meeting Phil's eyes.

He pointed to his computer screen, looking a bit delirious.

"I'm reading about the Airbus Beluga XL."

Phil's frown deepened, eyebrows pinching together.

"What?"

"It's a plane that hasn't been built yet," He explained, waving his hands around in big loopy gestures. "It's going to be built to carry parts of other planes. It looks like that."

He turned his laptop around and pointed to the picture at the top of the Wikipedia article, and Phil studied it briefly before giving him an unimpressed look.

Without warning, he grabbed a pillow and whacked Dan in the face with it.

"Ow, what the fuck!" He cried out in shock, but Phil offered him no explanation.

He grabbed Dan's laptop and closed it, setting it on the desk beside him, and then wrapped his arms around Dan's torso, pulling him down onto the mattress, pulling the covers over him, and tucking him into his chest, their legs tangling together underneath the blankets.

"Sleep." He ordered sternly, heated breaths fanning out across Dan's face.

"But Phil-"

"Dan," He interrupted, rubbing soothing circles over his back. "Sleep."

Dan sighed, but nodded in agreement, and nuzzled into Phil's warmth, letting his eyes fall closed.

Within a few minutes they were both out cold, surrounded in each other's scent, safe in each other's arms, and the Airbus Beluga XL was forgotten.

A/N: A short one based off of one of Dan's insta stories. I hope you liked it, I know it definitely wasn't my best work. I've mentioned this, but I have a longer one coming up, although I don't know when I'll update it. Please leave comments telling me your thoughts and feelings and thank you so much for reading. I love you all, soooooo much. You're so beautiful, and you're so much more than good enough. You're better than better could ever be. Don't let anyone tell you different. You deserve kindness, happiness, and health. Please take care of yourselves, be kind to yourselves, and treat yourselves because you're special and you're worth it. Remember to eat and stay hydrated! Love you!