arachnophobe

Summary: There's a spider in the house and Dan is terrified so he asks Phil to get rid of it for him. My little sister gave me this idea while we were watching the spider Skyrim video.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: spider

Dan's high pitched scream resonated throughout the house, and Phil's head shot up, gaze tearing away from his computer screen, sapphire blue eyes filling with alarm.

He immediately stood up, pushing himself off of his colorful bed and ran out of the room, rushing down the stars and into the lounge, chest heaving and lips parted as panicked breaths swirled into the air.

"Dan!" He cried out as his eyes fell on his boyfriend. He raised his eyebrows when he was met with the sight of Dan standing on the couch, jumping from side to side and almost trembling, his wide chocolate colored pools mixed with gold and burgundy absolutely terrified and fixed on something on the floor.

"Dan, what's wrong?

Dan looked up, his light brown curls falling into his eyes, the blood draining from his honey colored skin.

"Phil!" He exclaimed, voice wobbling slightly. "Phil, there's a spider! There's a spider Phil! Please get rid of it! Please kill it!"

Phil's shoulders sunk in relief as he realized Dan wasn't in imminent danger.

"Oh." He breathed out, and walked over to him. "Where is it?"

Dan held up a shaking hand, pointing to the small black creature that was near the foot of the sofa.

"It's right there, oh my god Phil! Ah, Phil it's moving!" Dan screamed as the spider crawled up the cushion, and placed his hands on Phil's shoulders and jumping onto his back just as it made it onto the surface of the couch, wrapping his long slender legs around Phil's waist.

Phil immediately grabbed his thighs, lifting him up so he wouldn't fall as he cried out in surprise.

"Dan!"

"Phil!" Dan whimpered into his neck, his heated breaths falling against his skin, and Phil heart swelled a bit when he realized how genuinely afraid he was.

"Sweetheart, I can't get rid of it if you're on my back." He informed him, and Dan reluctantly got down, Phil having to pry his hand off of his arm.

"Are you going to kill it?" Dan asked nervously, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

Phil shook his head, walking towards the kitchen but Dan squealed, and Phil turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't leave me here alone with it!" He whined, holding himself as he glanced at the awful thing.

Phil shot him a reassuring smile, cotton candy colored lips turning up.

"Don't worry love, I'll be right back. Just keep an eye on it for me." He left the room before Dan could argue, walking to the kitchen and grabbing and index card and a plastic cup. When he walked back into the lounge, Dan was cowering in the corner, adorable little squeaks occasionally slipping out of his mouth, and the spider was on the other side of the couch, closer to him now. It was probably why his hands were trembling.

Phil rushed over and slapped the cup over the small creature, and Dan's shoulders sunk in relief as soon as it was captured, but his eyes were still brimming with fear and horror.

"Are you going to kill it?" He asked again, and Phil giggled, tongue peeking out of his teeth.

"Of course not silly," He replied, sliding the index card beneath the cup and lifting it into the air. "I'm going to set it free." He walked to the door, opening it a bit and kneeling down, slowly letting the spider out and setting it on the ground.

"Bye!" He called as it crawled away, waving his hand.

He let the door shut behind him as he turned away, and returned to the lounge. Dan latched onto him as soon as he entered, unexpectedly jumping into his arms and wrapping his legs around him, and Phil held him tightly, letting out a quiet "oof". Dan buried his curly head in his chest, whimpering.

"Thank you Phil! Thank you!"

Phil beamed, pressing a gentle kiss to Dan's forehead and setting him down on the sofa.

"It's not a problem love," He said, sinking down beside him and wrapping his pale arms around his waist as Dan immediately cuddled into him. "I'll always be here to protect you."

A/N: How was that? Good? Bad? Awful? Did you hate it? Did you like it? Please leave comments telling me your thoughts and feelings and thank you soooo much for reading. Also do I update too much? I updated four one shots yesterday. Is that bad or do you mind? Please let me know. I love you all so so so much, you're breath taking. I want you happy and healthy so you better be taking care of yourselves. Treat yourselves because you're special and you're worth it and don't bully yourselves. Be kind to yourselves. You're beautiful inside and out. Remember to eat and stay hydrated! Love you!