wild | song fic

Summary: Wild by Troye Sivan song fic. I know I do a lot of song fics but I love music.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: depression, mentions of self harm

Trying hard not to fall
On the way home
You were trying to wear me down, down

Dan stared at Phil from across the classroom, chocolate colored eyes shining with burgundy and gold flitting over his thin frame, studying the plains of his pale face, and drowning deeply in the ocean of his eyes.

He was the prettiest boy he had ever seen.

Smooth snow white skin dotted with the occasional freckle, long lashes framing sapphire pools tinged with greens and yellows, bright cotton candy colored lips that were oh so tempting, soft ebony locks he was just dying to run his hands through. His voice was deep, but it seemed lighter and higher with childish wonder and cheerfulness, every word that fell from his tongue somehow laced with a lullaby and sending shivers up Dan's spine.

He was everything Dan had ever wanted, but he was still trying so hard not to fall for him, at least not more than he already had, still so scared of getting his heart broken, even as he pressed it into Phil's pale, gentle hands and watched as he left his shape burned into his soul so he could never forget that every part of him longed for Phil, craved him.

Kissing up on fences and up on walls
On the way home
I guess it's all working out now

"Lester..." Dan breathed shakily as Phil's warm fingers curled around his sun kissed wrists, pinning them to the fence behind him, his back pressed into the cold metal.

Phil smirked, and Dan blushed darkly, pink dusting across his honey cheeks under Phil's direct gaze.

"Come on, Dan," He said, somehow still sounding so adorable while looking so incredibly hot. "We're alone, you don't have to be so formal."

He pressed closer to him, his intoxicating vanilla scent surrounding the flustered boy and his heated breaths fanning out across his cheekbones.

"You know, I like it better when you call me by my first name." He informed him, voice dropping an octave, and Dan gulped, stomach fluttering.

"Phil." He almost whispered, and Phil smiled, soft exhales swirling into the warm air between them.

Cause there's still too long to the weekend
Too long til I drown in
Your hands

"Are we still on for Saturday?" Dan asked quietly, breath tickling Phil's ear as they held each other in a tight embrace in the driveway to Dan's house, reluctant to let go.

"Yes, of course." Phil answered quickly, inhaling Dan's scent as he held him in his arms, lips curling into a smile.

Dan nodded, grinning, dimple denting into the side of his cheek.

"I can't wait." He said longingly, wishing the seconds would pass by faster, wishing the days would fly by until the time when he could drown in Phil's hands.

Phil hummed in agreement, his voice sending vibrations over Dan's skin.

"There's still too long til the weekend."

Too long since I've been a fool

Maybe it was silly that Dan wanted Phil so badly, especially while they were keeping their relationship secret at school. It was risky, it was frustrating, and it was foolish. Foolish for him to want so much, love with everything in him, he was burning up with need for the boy, falling so fast, even when he wasn't sure that Phil was going to catch him. But love was making him a fool and he didn't really mind.