One

Author POV

Felix was in his last year of high school, and was not doing too well. He had already gotten held back twice, and might be held back this year. He had no A's, not even B's in any of his classes. Not even the easiest one's to exist. There was a reason though.

His father abused him.

Yes. Abused him. He didn't tell a single soul though. He was too scared to. Everyday when he got home, his father was there. He would yell and scream at him, then he physically hit him. His mother wasn't there because she worked almost all day, everyday. He would hide all of the marks. The bruises, the scars, the cuts, everything. His father told him 'Tell one single soul and your going to regret it.'  He never told anyone, fearing that his father would lock him up and torture him. Felix didn't want this. Felix was on his way home now, and with a report card too. He only kept them because his mother always wanted to see them, but he would hide them from his father the best he could. It was a reason that his father did this to him; because he did so poorly in school. Felix turns the corner at the end of the street to see the small house, which he called 'home'.

Felix POV

I turn the corner, and see the small house. I didn't want to go in.. my father was home. Like every other day of course. I clench the small paper in my hands, trying not to rip the report card. I still had to show my mother it. I walk up on the few porch steps and take out the key in my back pocket. It trembles in my hand for a moment, but I unlock the door. I open it slowly and walk in. I see my father in the kitchen, empty alcohol bottles everywhere. My mother didn't know about my fathers addiction to alcohol though. He only got drunk once while around her and she banned alcohol from then on out. He would hide the empty bottles and get rid of the alcoholic smell so she never found out about it from here on out. My father started to pace towards me as I flinched backwards for a second. 

"What took you so long to get home Felix?!!" My father yells at me. The tears form in the corner of my eyes. 

"I-I'm s-sorry.. I didn't know I took longer than usual father.. p-please forgive m-me.." I say bowing my head. He must've saw the paper in my clenched up fist, because before I knew it, he snatched the paper from me. I jolted upwards as my eyes widened. He examined the paper and hit me upside the head and through me to the ground. Tears fell from my eyes as he starts to yell and scream at me once more. 

"WHAT IS THIS?!! NOT EVEN ONE OF YOUR GRADES HAS IMPROVED YET YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE BRAT!!" He says kicking me in my stomach. I felt nauseous. I felt so dizzy. I felt as if I was going to die. I held my stomach as the pain went through my whole body.

"F-Father.. please stop... I-I'm sorry.. I really have been tryin-" I was cut off by my father pulling me up by my hair and throwing me against the wall. I ricocheted off of it harshly and fell to the floor once more. 

"SORRY ISN'T GOING TO CUT IT THIS TIME KID!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH YOU PIECE OF TRASH!!" He says kicking me once more. I cough up a little blood this time. Hot tears stream down my face as I yelp out in pain. He drags me up the stairs and throws me into my small bedroom. 

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU THE REST OF THE NIGHT, YOU HEAR ME?!! DON'T COME OUT OR ELSE YOU'LL REGRET IT YOU BRAT!!" He says slamming my door shut. Paced breaths escape my mouth as I curl up into a ball, and cried. 

"Why.." I say quietly

"Why can't this all just end.."

"I want it to end.." 

"Please let it.." 

~later that night when his mom arrives home from work~

I look at the small digital alarm clock on my nightstand. It was hard to read the numbers due to my blurry vision from all the tears, but I made out the bright green numbers to be 2:57 AM. 

'Mother will be home soon..' I thought to myself. I've never stayed up this late. I would always cry myself to sleep so it wouldn't matter either way. My mother gets home at 3 am every morning, and leaves for work again a little after I go to school. I heard the front door open as the keys jingle onto the key hook. Father was never awake when mother got home. They sleep in separate rooms though. Father slept in the attic, which my mother made into a bedroom, so now it's an 'attic room'. My mother sleeps in the main bedroom. They separated rooms because after my father got drunk around her once, she hasn't been too comfortable sleeping together all the time. Occasionally, they'd sleep together though. My mother walks up the stairs, to my bedroom and opens the door. 

"Felix..? You're not asleep yet? You should get some rest for school tomorrow ya know.." She says as she walks over to me. She notices my puffy, red eyes from crying the whole night. 

"Oh my.. Felix baby.. why are your eyes all puffy? We're you crying..??" She says looking at me with worry in her eyes. I didn't want to tell her I was but I didn't want to lie to her either. I hesitantly nodded. She had the most worried look I've ever seen. 

"Felix, why were you crying..? Were people bullying you at school?? Did you fall and hurt yourself? Did..." She kept naming off things as I think of earlier. 

"WHAT IS THIS?!! NOT EVEN ONE OF YOUR GRADES HAS IMPROVED YET YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE BRAT!!"

"SORRY ISN'T GOING TO CUT IT THIS TIME KID!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH YOU PIECE OF TRASH!!" 

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU THE REST OF THE NIGHT, YOU HEAR ME?!! DON'T COME OUT OR ELSE YOU'LL REGRET IT YOU BRAT!!" 

"F-Father..." I very quietly breathe out. My mother  tilts her head in slight confusion. 

"What..?" She says in reply.

Father... It was father, mom..! He's an alcoholic..! He beats be.. abuses me mom..! Your're never here to see it, but he does it mom, he does it..!!" I yell out a tears fall from my cheeks once more. My mother had a terrified expression on her face. 

"Look.." I choke out as I lift the sleeve of my shirt, revealing the red hand mark, the bruises, and scars. My mom immediately hugged me so tight, I could barley breathe.

"Felix... why didn't you tell me before.." She says as her tears run down her cheeks, just as mine did. 

"I-I was scared to.. F-Father told me not to.. I thought he would torture me to death if I told anyone... I-I'm sorry mom.. so sorry.." I say as the hot tears fall onto her shirt a I hug her back. 

"I'm sorry to Felix.. but you won't have to worry anymore. Your going somewhere better... I trust Chan.." She says slowly letting go of me. I tilt my head slightly confusion

"Chan..? Who's that?" I say wiping my tears.

"Who you'll be staying with for awhile.. actually.. he should be coming right about now.." She says, looking towards my window. A figure appears at the window as my mother goes and opens the window.

The window opens, and Chan stands there in the moonlight ,but something is off. Chan's skin was pale, and two of his teeth were so sharp, they'd puncture anything. Chan wasn't human.

He was a vampire.

A/N 

I did not intend on making this chapter so long TvT not every chapter will bw nearly this long and cuz wriTerS bLOck eXisTs- 

k im done with this lil note see ya in next chapter