Fourteen

"Now that I've properly introduced myself, I think you should too!" I say back to him.

"W-well, my name is Lee Jihoon.. But my friends have named me Woozi instead."

• • •

(Note - Just a warning, this is purely Woozi's Backstory, if you wish to not care about it you don't have to read it, but I would appreciate if you did, it may and probably will be important later on in the story~! Thank chu~)

Woozi's Backstory/Pov

     I had been shy and scared my entire life. My parents called me worthless and nothing more than a scared little boy. When they had tried to give me an education and teach me how to read and write, I didn't understand it the slightest bit. They were harsh on me, even threatened me. They expected me to be a warrior or soldier and fight in battles along with wars. After about living with them for Eight years, they decided it was enough. They threw me on the street like a lump of garbage. I was scared. 

I thought I was gonna die.

      One day though, when I was around the age of Ten, a mother and her son found be lying out in the streets and decided to let me stay and live with them. I had been scared of them for awhile too, but what I now call her as my own mother, softened up to me. I began to take a liking to her. She had told me stories and tales. She had taught me how to read and write without the harshness of my former 'mother'. She had told me about her son too. I had taken more than a liking to him though. He meant everything to me. He was like my own bother. I was slightly older than him, but it's like our ages were reversed. Instead of me acting older, it was Jisung that did. He was very protective of me like an older brother would be. Although I had been scared of  Jisung, just like mother, he warmed up to me and I did the same. We played games together, went to school together, and practically did everything together. It was great.

     After a year or so had passed with living with my new family, Jisung had been studying the art of transformation, in makeup that is. He always had a fascination in it. He would watch his mom do it, and he would shower her with compliments because of how beautiful she looked. He wanted to become one so instead of mother making herself feel pretty, he could do it instead. Since I had admired Jisung, I wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a makeup artist too. He had taught me many techniques and such and we would do each others makeup all the time for practice. 

     Over the years, Jisung had spread his talent in the makeup industry and he soon became quite popular. We were both some of the best makeup artist in the realm. We got recognized by a famous modeling company by the ages of 16 and 17. Jisung was 16, while I was 17. We had worked with them for about a year. It was really fascinating seeing both of us grow in such a way. Whenever we had gotten a break though, we would go and visit mother. She was so happy for both of us making a career out of something we both loved. I had to admit, it was very fun. For both me, and Jisung. 

     About a year in working at the Modeling Company as makeup artists, mother had gotten a letter from the Leader of the Vampire Realm. He was scouting some makeup artist and couldn't resist asking if me and Jisung would be willing to work at the Palace as makeup artists. While Jisung was as happy as can be, I was nervous about accepting the invitation. What if the leader and people at the Palace didn't like my style? What if they get bored of me? What if they only wanted Jisung? I mean after all, on a technical scale, Jisung is much better at it. I still enjoyed it though. Jisung told me not to worry though. I trusted him, so I tried to be a little calmer about it. Our company was all for it though. They said to not worry, to work at the Palace and that they'll still succeed with out them. We said our farewells and a week later, arrived at the Palace. 

     We showed our invitation to the guards at the front and he let us enter. The Palace was so beautiful, mesmerizing, and delicate. There was a reception desk in the room that we first walked in to. The lady at the desk greeted us with a smile and asked where we were searching for. We simply showed her the invitation, and she ringed a small bell.  A tall man came walking down the stairs, he had blonde hair and shimmering grey eyes. He practically looked perfect, almost like an angel. I had liked Jisung  though. He smiled at me and Jisung. He bowed and told us his name was Yanan, and also said he was happy to make our acquaintance. He was really sweet towards me and Jisung. He showed us to where Chan was. 

     He knocked on the door, and it opened. He bowed to him and left us two in the room with Chan. He greeted us and talked with us. He didn't just want us for our makeup skills though. He knew that Jisung had skills that are well in combat that not everybody just has. As for me though, he wanted to help me with it. He knew I was useless when it came to fighting. I told him this though. He says that Yanan is the only one that is always available to protect him, and to be a servant. He had to personally request anyone else. I understood now why he wanted us. There was really no one except Yanan.

He was scared. 

He was lonely. 

A/N

i feel like i ended this chapter really weirdly

 It's really long and i was gonna make it longer but i didn't

i hoped yall liked it th o

b a i