The Meeting

Now never one to flaunt my riches I live a very moderate life. Except for one thing my cars. Yes I have a pretty standard collection of motorcycles cars and trucks. But one is my pride and joy. 1939 Delahaye Type 165 Cabriolet. Only five of these beauties exist. And at this moment I need her. I needed to feel clear and free. Free from the heartbreak the I just witnessed. Free from the knowledge that my best friend is with the love of my life. I speed down to the coast listening to the purr of the engine.

Did I just expect her to sit around and wait that I hopefully would return? Why did she have to get with Jazz of all people? My insides are burning. I downshift to give the engine a kick then take off again. I dare the cops to try and pull me over.

After what feels like I lifetime I return home. I can sense her presence before I even see her. She is standing in the shadows by my door. I continue on to park my car in my garage. Walking out slowly I approach her. She looks as beautiful as there. Her scent overwhelms me I am almost brought to my knees.

"so you decided to come back"

"what are you doing here?" I snap.

"no you don't get to be mad or upset. Where were you? What did I do? You just left. No word no nothing. Did I do something I don't know about?"

"no you didn't do anything" other than hooking up with my best friend my mind says.

"then why did you leave? And why did you go after Jazz?"

I laugh "is that what she said?" I snarl. "I didn't go after your precious girlfriend. She came into my home. You were with her in my home." yelling the last part.

"wait what your home?" she actually looks lost.

"yes this is my home my apartment my place of residence."

"Jazz told me this was her spot."

"and what did you think happened I attacked her and kicked her out her place?" I laugh bitterly. "I wont lie to you. I wont deny feeling rage at the knowledge of you two I did see red." I look down suddenly feeling ashamed and sorry for myself. "I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I hurt you. But you are the reason I came back. I thought of nothing no one but you since I've been gone." I say regrettably.

She looks at me slowly nodding her head. "I accept your apology but you have to understand you left. And I'm with Jazz now. I couldn't understand why you left. Why you no longer wanted me."

"i never stopped wanting you baby. I got stupid. I got scared."

"scared of what Omari?"

"scared of you of us of this. Scared of so much, I panicked and I ran. And I am so sorry." I say while reaching for her. She is but a tiny thing. Not even reaching my chest. I lean into her. She leans back into me. I kiss her forehead her nose and slowly kiss her mouth. I feel her kissing me back dragging her lips across mine. She pushes me away.

"i cant I have to go." she says turning to walk away.

"OK. Let me drive you home." opening my apartment I grab my other set of keys locking up I think to myself I need to have my locks changed. Walking her to my standard life car I open the door for her. Walking around and getting settled behind the wheel. I drive towards her home. Please to see that she and Jazz do not live together.

"where do we go from here Kaira? What we have will never allow us to be just friends."

She is propped up against the door by her elbow with her hand massaging her head.

"I never thought I would be around you again. I thought you walked for good. I don't know what the future holds but right now I'm with Jazz. She was there for me when you left. I will not do her wrong."

"do you love her?" I ask pushing my luck.. I draw her to me resting my forehead against hers. "tell me that you love her and I will walk away now."

"i cant do that."

Slowly I press my lips to hers. I can feel her lips quiver before she hops out of my car. I watch her open her walking stick and move swiftly to her apartment. She stays on the 2nd floor. I make my way up the side of her building to her apartment. She is blind and has no reason to turn the lights on but I can see her clearly leaning against her door her body shaking with her silent sobs that I can hear as if she is crying directly into my ears, she calms herself and makes her way to her bedroom.