Together

Waking up the next day proved to be harder than normal. I had absolutely not energy. I reach out next to me for Kaira but her side is empty.

"Good you're finally awake I was getting worried about you," Kaira says coming in our room.

"What time it is?" I ask.

"8:15 pm"

"What? I've slept over twelve hours?"

"I figured after last night you were tired. I think the whole process wipes you out."

I know I'm looking at her like she has grown an extra head. I keeping opening and closing my mouth trying to voice what's running through my head but nothing it coming out.

"We need to run test baby. You are so different from the rest of us. I honestly believe there is no limit to what you can do. I mean I felt you inside me last me. I felt you come inside me last night. But you are here in front of me as the woman that I love. I truly don't understand it."

"I don't want to be a lab rat" I whine.

She leans her forehead against mine for a moment before kissing me. 

"I know love." she says.

Getting up and stretching. I look at myself in the bedroom mirror. There is really no difference in me physically. Turning my head from right to left. I gaze at my face. Sure my size can be considered masculine. I'm tall and built. My muscles cord around my bones not overly bulky but definitely not subtle. I like to believe that I look powerful. One look at me and you won't want to try me.

I look over at Kaira she is shaking her head with a raised eyebrow at me

"Find everything in order?" she asks with a soft smile gracing her features.

"Leave me be woman" I say swooping her into my arms. 

Making our way into the kitchen I realize I am famished. It feels as if I haven't eaten in days.

"So I'm right to assume that you are very hungry?"

"yes"

"it must really take a lot out of your body to do that"

"Kaira I have one question?"

"what?" 

"are you still with me for me? Not for what I can do?"

"oh, Omari I love you with or without any extra from you. I won't lie I am curious because this is the first I've seen anything like this. I mean you are not of the Tainos people, there's no trace of lycan in your DNA. No being that I know of is capable of metamorphosis. And if so its very old world. Before my time."

"should I be afraid?"

She starts laughing at me.

"no baby I won't let anything happen to you." 

Having money is a good never get me wrong about that. But when you have enough money to have me hooked up to these to run tests on me. Money is seriously a bad thing. As one machine sucks out my blood another one dissects while another one analyzes it. While yet another machine pushes it back into my body. I'm starting to go stir crazy. I look to the left and see my love running her fingers over the braille notes that one machine has just spit out. She looks in my general direction while continuing to read.

"just give me the bad news"i say with a small smile. 

Looking at me with tears brimming her eyes "mouth guard or no mouth guard?" is all she says before walking away.