Promises

"Hello pops," she says turning her head to face forward.

If Adit was my father this would be my mother. I knew who she was even before she spoke. 

I blink at her. "Ma,,,Mayi,,,MayiArasi?" I ask taking a step back.

My eyes widen as scared nerves ignite in me. I have hurt my baby.

"No, no. no, no, no," she quickly answers. "I mean yes I am MayiArasi. No you haven't hurt the embryo." Running her hands through her tresses she smiles. "The spirit doesn't enter the body until birth. You can have all the wild rough sex you want." Looking me up and down, smiling brilliantly. Dude she could be someone's little sister. "For now."

I stand and look at her. She appears to be very young. Looking at her I would guess her age to be barely nineteen. Her smooth heart shaped face, worry and wrinkle free. She is absolutely gorgeous. I can instantly see Adit's attraction to her. That face with those eyes and that.....

WHOA, WHOA. That's going to be your kid pervert. Mentally shaking my head, and slapping myself, I go back to looking into her eyes. 

She smiles brightly, completely illuminating the room. A sharp knowing look enters her eyes. "I won't look like this." She tilts her head, and a youthful shrug later. "I won't be who you see now. I won't even remember this conversation." I ease my way to the ottoman and sit down. On the outside I feel calm, inside I'm tripping balls and then some. What the fuck? Why is she here? Does Adit know about this? Did Kaira really suck my soul out of my body? 

"I'm going to need you to breathe," she tells me. 

"What is going on right now?" I whisper.

Her eyes turn hard and serious. "I need you to deliver a message."

To whom? Deliver a message? UPS? USPS? FedEx? When have I ever been the middleman? Scratching my temple, I raise an eyebrow at her.

"To Adit," a sad smile graces her features. It's not even really a smile. Just a quick quirk of her lips, almost a jerking movement with the corner of her mouth. 

"Auh hmm," I fake cough. "Ahh not to be rude, but why can't you tell her?"

Her eyes spark briefly. "She doesn't want to see me." She looks off. She is keeping something to herself. And any other time I'd let that ride out. Cause, I mean fuck, she not Kaira. I really don't know her, other than she is Adit's wife, and will be the soul in my kid. She looks into my eyes. "She refuses to see me." 

One red streak. That single trail running down her cheek. The pain of that one statement setting her jaw. The swirl of saliva when she sucks her teeth. Tension suddenly eating away at her.

Damn a female with a pretty face.

Running my hands over my face and through my dreads, I sigh. "I need answers."

She blinks. Her long lashes fluttering open. A full grin upon her lips. "I'll give them to you, but only on our current situation." Her eyes are full out glowing. "You may ask questions about the past, but I reserve the right to ignore some and not answer others." Yea, this little wench is Kaira's spawn. "Let me tell you a story." With a hint of Adit.

I begrudgingly nod. Pausing and raising my hand. "Why can't you just go to her?  And none of that she refuses to see me. Just pop up there like you did here. "

She tilts her head before lifting an eyebrow. "Tell me dad, would you just pop up anywhere she is?"

I go to immediately answer, but the way she purrs it makes my mouth lock shut. Flashes of Adit in previous, compromising positions flicker through my mind. The anger in her eyes, the set of her jaw. The slight tremor and shake of the foundation around me, tells me that possibly each one and more, is flashing in hers.