A River of Blood

"Can you prove this?" Adit is asking Kaira.

"Yes, but I need my equipment in order to process your blood," she answers. "I know about Imani's blood to know it was different. Your is probably on a whole new level of extraordinary."

"I'm an extraordinary being," Adit tells Kaira with a cocky grin.

Her face turns serious as she stands there a moment longer. Even through her dark sunglasses I can see her eyes being to glow. The marking on her body looks like they are starting to luminate. The swirling and shapes standing sharp on her muscular frames. I can see her veins looking like they are ready pop. I grab Kaira's hand and pull her behind me.

"Ah Ezzy?" I say.

She looks at me. I nod towards Adit.

"Oh shit," she says running to her. "Adi calm down. Tell me what's wrong. What is it?"

She is grabbing onto Adit. Giving her light shakes. Adit's hand are balled into fist.

"We have been betrayed." is what she says. Ezzy steps back dropping Adit's arm.

"What do you mean? By who?"

"The last fight I got into with some of her servants, I told you they were different. The wolves I couldn't communicate with. Even the most tainted beast I can talk to. They were weres. But they were sick." Adit says.

"What do you mean sick Adit?" Kaira asks.

"Not like the weres of this pack. They weaker and they couldn't control the change for long." Adit answers.

"Like they got the blood from another source not you. From a secondary person that you gave your blood to." Kaira concludes. "but how do you know she didn't just take someone or kill someone?"

"Every member of the pack has an implant. We track the coming and going of all our weres, so we can monitor who comes in the village. Everyone is accounted for." Adit says. "We have our own hospital and medical team here so we don't have to worry about our kind being found out." Adit scratches her chin. "I need to find out who gave her the blood."

"Ok but you just said she needs Imani's or your child blood, why would she if getting blood from anyone other than Adit not help her cause?" Ezzy asks.

"Imani's blood connected with Adit's on a whole nother level. Until I run tests I can't say why. It could because she was human. I really don't know." Kaira says. "It is like with the people here she has given her blood to some change into weres and others don't. I won't know anything until I look at the blood."

"Are you saying it could be anyone here? Not exactly a were?" Ezzy asks.

"No, I can guarantee it is a were," Kaira says.

"How?" Again, from Ezzy.

"Adit's blood bonds more with weres because of the longer lasting white blood cells with them. Anyone who doesn't change isn't affected by her white blood cells. The white blood cells are her DNA. Her own genetic material. When you gave people, her blood did you all ever filter the leukocytes?" She asks looking in Ezzy general direction.

"We never radiated or filtered my blood." Adit answers instead.

"Then I'm going to have to run a PCR on you and various other people. If you had blood from the weres that you were fighting I could determine who it came from." Kaira says.

"I'll get you the blood," Adit growls out before walking away.

"Adit wait," Ezzy calls out to her jogging a little to keep up.