Aftermath

The night's events start taking effect in my blood. I feel like I'm suffocating. I look over at Kaira and I can see tears running down her face. I flex my fingers to try to remove the tension in them. I'm mad. I want to go back to that club and hurt Sophie. Hurt her for hurting Kaira with her behavior. Hurt her for trying to destroy my relationship. For pointing out my flaws. It needs to be said that without Kaira I would be lost. After a long silent drive we arrive our house, I feel like a caged animal. Walking Kaira to the door into our home. I begin to pace. I need fresh air. Kaira is sitting on the sofa watching me.

"I'll be back," I tell her. As I'm reaching for my keys, she grabs my hands.

"No, don't leave me."

"Kaira I'm not leaving you, I just need air." I know I'm looking at Kaira like she has lost her mind and for a moment I'm wondering if she has. "I just need air this night has been I don't know but I need tojust go for a little while." I try to explain.

She launches herself at me. "no please I'm begging please don't leave. Please don't leave me. I'm sorry about tonight please Omari I'm begging you."

"Baby I love you ok, I'm not walking away from you or our marriage. I just I'm just going crazy right now. I want to hurt her Kaira. I want to break her. And I have this-this restless energy right now that I need to expel. And I don't want to take it out on you."

I don't know what has gotten into her. I can see her chest rising with her every breath almost as if she is having a panic attack. I lean into her.

"Ok ok I won't go."

I kiss her face and her forehead and try my best to reassure her that I'm with her and not going anywhere. I hate Sophie for putting her through this. Kaira has abandonment issues. I think that's part of the reason why she avoids conflict with me. She thinks I'm going to walk out on her. I did that once but I'm never doing that again. Cradling her to my chest I let her hear my heartbeat. I know her feeling it through my chest comforts her.

As old as Kaira maybe its times like this I am forced to remember that she is still an eighteen-year-old girl who lost her parents. And it's not quite that she lost them but they chose to leave and to leave her behind. And for centuries she was one of the few of her people left to wander around alone.

Her parents weren't even around when she lost her sight. Which any ailment is virtually unheard of among her kind. Rubbing my hands up and down her back. I let her know I'm here I'm not leaving. I tell her how much I love her and that we have an eternity together. I push aside my anger and rage to be here for my wife.

Her cries settle down and she looks up. I know this look. Stroking her chin.

"Don't I'm here ok. What happened tonight wasn't your fault." I say as I kiss her.

"I know but still why did she have to do that? Why did she have to push you like that. I made it clear baby, I swear I did, I made it clear my love for you will never change. If anything it will grow deeper. That you and I are together."

"I know baby, her pain is her own doing," I reply pulling her back up against me. "I need to get out of these clothes."

She looks up into my eyes pushing me against the back of the sofa to straddle my thighs. She begins to unbutton my shirt. Any extreme or high anxiety moment leaves her horny. Tossing her hair over her shoulder she leans down and kisses me before dipping lower to lick my newly exposed flesh. Licking up to nibble on my collarbone. She peels my shirt apart. All unease is leaving my body under her ministrations.

"I still owe you a dance," she says.

Sliding off me taking my hand and pulling me up only to push me down. She kisses me as she reaches down towards the lever. My seat falls back and my legs are raised. I look up at her.