I Thought This Was Supposed To Be Light

Blinking my eyes as the darkness fades around me. I go to sit up expecting to feel that exquisite pain flowing through my body. The pain from muscles being overworked from giving a beat down. The pain coursing through my hand from pounding flesh. I want to feel it all. But I don't. All I feel is the pain from not having Kiara beside me.

Looking at my hands before turning them to look at my knuckles, nothing is there. No bruises. Not busted and split knuckles. I flex my fingers, balling my hands into a tight fist and there is no stiffness. No residue of the pain from the night before in them. Only glorious pain I feel is in my heart.

I start taking deep breaths to control the waterworks that is threatening to spill. I can't sit here and cry. I need to find Kiara. I need to get her back.

"Ahem," a voice startles me.

Shifting my gaze around the room for the first time. I notice that I'm not alone. I don't see Peter. He was here when I blacked out last night. But a lady is in here with me. She is dressed in some kind of white gown. She looks very regal almost ethereal. Her skin is glowing purity. Her whole body looks to have a halo around it. And she is beautiful. She is essentially flawless. Her eyes are purple. They sparkle when the light hits them. She looks familiar. I know I haven't seen her before. But she looks like someone I know or have met.

"Not to be rude lady, but who are you?" I ask really looking around the room. This isn't the motel where I passed out at.

"You may call me Aja," she says. Even her voice is beautiful. It is flowing and calm, like a stream.

"Where am I?"

"You are in my home," she states. She looks off to the side as if in thought. "My realm actually."

Standing up I see even my clothes are different. I am dressed in all white like she is. I walk to a window. Peering out of it I see land and snow. The ground is glistening and radiate as the sun bounces off of it. This place, out there, is a winter paradise.

"Your realm?"

"Yes," she says turning her odd color eyes to me.

"What color are your eyes?" I find myself asking.

"My daughter calls them amethyst," she simply says.

"Daughter?" I ask. She tilts her head and smiles a little before answering.

"Yes my daughter," she says. "My only child."

Seeing her tilt her head brings on a memory. Yes I know people tilt their heads all the time. Hell even I do it. 

"Who is your daughter?" I ask. "Who is your only child?"

"I'll refrain from answering that now," she says. "But you, how are you doing?"

"Where is Peter? He was here last night."

"Who?" she says looking genuinely confused. "Ah. The gentleman that was in the room with you."

"Yes, now where is he?" I ask.

"I don't know, probably still in the room." I look around the room then back at the lady. Am I missing something? Does she really see someone in this room with us?

"Lady. Ma'am, do you see him?" I ask incredulously.

"No, he is not here in this realm." she says like its the simplest thing in the world.

"Ok lady. You are cuckoo for coco puffs. And I don't have time to play or whatever." I say looking around.

"Where do you have to be?" she asks.