Expect the Unexpected

Looking at Adit, I have officially been struck stupid. When I was piecing or trying to piece everything together in my head before, it didn't add up to that. I thought maybe Nerezza help the stepmom or vice versa not that Nerezza was the stepmom.

"Have you gone mute on me?" Adit asks, snapping her fingers, in front of my face. I was so out of it; I hadn't even seen or heard her move.

"No, no, no I'm just, no" is all I can say right now.

"You're in shock."

"I mean yea, yes, yea you can say that," I stammer out. "With everything that has been told to me, I've been trying to fit the pieces and I didn't get that one."

"It's fine," she says, going to sit back down. "Do you want me to continue?"

I can only nod.

"That night I woke up to my parents arguing," she starts. "Now mind you my parents have never argued. My mother wanted to take me back to her realm to live. My father begging her not to."

She looks down at herself then back up at me.

"You asked about the markings on my body." I nod. "They are protection spells that was inscribed on my soul the day after the attack by Nerezza."

"Inscribed on your soul?" I ask.

"Yes," she answers laughing humorlessly. "My physical body on earth is not my original form. It's similar but not the same. The markings are on my soul so when this body was formed when I returned the markings showed back up."

"Was it painful?"

"Hurt just as bad the third time as the first." she answers.

"Third time?"

"Original marks are burned into my soul. They came through on my flesh. Then when this body was put together, they had to come through again."

"You said protection. I thought you were the most powerful being ever." I say trying to understand further.

"I am," she says smiling and flexing a little. "I cannot be killed but I can be hurt. If you stab me, I will bleed. But the marking protects me from spiritual attacks."

"Nerezza?"

"My parents and Nerezza are what could be considered set beings. I'm not." I look at her in question. "Think about the elements wind is wind, water is water and so on and so on. They are set elements. I'm that conundrum. I can be anything and everything. My parents are good. As you very well can tell, Nerezza isn't. That's why my parents kept me away from her while I was child until I could get the markings. They didn't want her to taint me."

"Is that what she was trying to do when you were younger?"

And to my surprise she bursts out laughing.

"Oh, I wish. No, she was trying to seduce me and basically suck the blessing that my parents gave me out," she says still laughing.

"Why haven't you killed her?"

"Trust me, I've tried. She can't be killed only contained," she says sighing. "I have tried to contain her but she always manages to slip away. Now she is in hiding and waiting. Gathering up as many followers as she can."

"Are your marking still working?"

"To a certain extent," she answers. "My father created Mecca, so I had the strength of a planet to back my markings. I don't on earth. That and the fact that my heart isn't in it. If it wasn't for the deal Mother made with me, I could honestly careless about earth's inhabitants."