Chapter 15

Why

What did he mean?

"Why do you smile when nothing is between us? Why is your smile wiped away everytime I talk about the business and our marriage!?"

I stepped away. I'm very afraid. Really afraid. If only someone can get me out of this hybrid room.

"Are you walking away"he said coldly that I stopped and froze. I don't know if that is a statement to himself.

"Fine, this is all useless then! You should've told me that you don't want the idea of your parents to marry me just for business...!"

I stepped away again. The tears didn't fall. They are just waiting at the corner of my eyes.

"Did you loved someone, then? Reymar? Or the one you met at the arcade named Lester?"his cold voice made my ear rang.

It was a warning that I shouldn't make him more upset.

"You should've told me the truth! That you don't want this idea! Since you're a playgirl or a bitch! Tell me that you didn't like it because I quit"

I widen my eyes. How fucking dare he!? He's the one who forced me into this breaking situation! And he's just gonna back away! How dare he!

I tried to calm down as a question came. So....

"You like someone?"I said calmly. While looking at his tired eyes. Tsk, I'm the one who's fucking tired here, Jandrick!

I can see his amused and angry eyes mixed. "You always think of that?"he asked. I narrowed my eyes. Or...?

"You don't want the business of the shipping lines, then?"

"Fuck that business and other reasons, Alisa! God damn it.."before I could say anything tears fell.

He widen his eyes. "A-alisa..."I ran out. Fuck this shit! Why is he regretting it all to me!?

Am I the only person in this page!? My grandmother was the one who needs merging companies! Not me!

Then why is he giving his anger all of it to me!? Why!?

*********

I woke up in my office. I did my daily routines. As ever—

I suddenly remembered what Jandrick said to me yesterday.

"You should've told me the truth! That you don't want this idea! Since you're a playgirl or a bitch! Tell me that you didn't like it because I quit"

He even called me a bitch. I'm a human! Didn't he saw it. In science, bitch is a woman dog!

Tsk, and he quits, huh?

I looked at the sink and spat the used toothpaste. I looked at the mirror. I don't care.

I can still know people in this world better than him, right? But I'm not sure when. Tsk..

I charged my phone. When it was turned on, I saw a message of Dad and....Jandrick's.

1 missed call from Dad and 15!? Missed calls from Jandrick!? Fuck! Can't he tell that I can't answer it!?

Dad:

How are you? Let's have a meeting on the SMC seven days ahead and bring Jandrick and it's regarding of the marriage.

My eyes rolled automatically. Tsk, he's giving up. I don't care. Maybe I should go alone and tell them that I changed my mind as an excuse.

Jandrick:

Alisa?

Jandrick:

Alisa, answer the call

Jandrick:

Are you asleep?

Jandrick:

Hope I can talk with you

Jandrick:

Sorry....

And....that was his last message. Fuck this! What did he expect!? Tell him that it's okay!?

No no way! He can't take back his doing and what he said! Yes, I'm easily going to be swayed by my feelings that's why I'm being careful.

This is a hell. God!. "Damn.."I murmured when I finally got out from my office. I had nothing to do today, huh?

I went to the canteen to eat breakfast a bit. I only ordered fast foods. I had no urge to eat because I felt weak today.

Which I'm not sure why. As I almost finished eating my phone beeped.

Jandrick:

Let's talk

And just like last night, I pretended nothing. So he would think, I'm still sleeping. Well, it's still early.

Jandrick:

Alisa!

I closes my eyes when I imagined his voice calling for me.

Jandrick:

Really, huh? You would ignore me!? Then look at the side.

I widen my eyes. Uh-oh. No no no no don't look, Alisacres Larey! You'll see a ghost if you do!

I closed my eyes and took a sip on my juice. No! God damn it!

I opened my eyes as I can't take the acceleration of my heart.

Jandrick:

Then, I'll be the one who will walk towards you.

My mouth was dropped open. I quickly looked at the side. I don't want him beside me.

And I saw him there, smirking as he hold his phone. He looked at his phone. And I'm afraid he'll reply a message.

Jandrick:

Good girl

Me:

You just called me a 'bitch' yesterday!

My eyes narrowed when I looked at his message at my phone. What the hell is happening to me!?

I'm the one he hurt yesterday and my heart is still beating like this!? Why the hell are you like this, Alisa!