Chapter 22

If ever

I went to the sea. At the outside, I mean. By the way... Where is Euphiemia?

Is she at the hospital?

I sighed. I really had nothing to do today. And right now. Should I go to the pier?

That's it. I ran to the house to change. I changed to my blue off shoulder and ripped jeans with skecher shoes.

I took my phone and contacted my Dad.

Me:

I'll go in the pier for a while

I grabbed my headphones and car keys to go now. I went to the parking lot.

I saw my Fortuner. I pressed the car's key and it beeped. I pouted. I'm really alone today.

I unlocked it and went to the driver's seat. The engine roared and went off.

************

I sighed as I finally arrived at the pier. I looked at my phone. Dad didn't reply. Maybe he's busy.

"Shit!"I screamed when my phone rang. Fuck! Jandrick's name was plastered on it.

I immediately answered it. I went out of the car.

"Shit, you freaked me out"I yelled at the other line. I heard him chuckled. Chuckle my ass.

"Sorry, didn't mean it though"

"Why did you call anyway?"

"Hmm.... Where are you?"

"In the pier, I have nothing to do anyway"I said while rolling my eyes. I heard his hum.

"I see, I am here in the company house and you weren't here"

"Oh? So you looked for me?"Damn, I sounded like a crazy girl who had a crush and flirted.

"I was just worried"

"Oh crap, I'm not a child"I said while chuckling.

"Even so, you're stubborn"

"Tsk, didn't know—oh? Lester?"I saw Lester from afar. He looked at me while talking to a man. He smiled.

He excused himself from the man. "Hey, I didn't saw you there"he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not the small heightened Alisa before"I pouted. He made a face and I smacked him.

"Why are you here anyway?"I asked him. He twitched his lips. "I asked my cousin, Jaymel for my position as a bodyguard so I could take a break for a while and besides, school is easy"he grinned.

"You are a bodyguard and same time engineer?"

"Yep"

"Why don't you just quit being bodyguard? Being an engineer suits you more"I stated.

His expression softened. His lips parted then he shook his head. "I've been serving that person for a year and.... Somehow I can't just quit"he raised his both shoulders.

I narrowed my eyes. A honk from a ship stopped our conversation.

"Oh? Must be a take off"

"Yeah right, do you by chance seen Dad?"I asked him. He turned to me.

"I think he's in the building"

I smiled. "Thanks, when are you going back to the USA where you serve as a bodyguard and your school?"I asked.

"Maybe a month later"

I nodded and waved him bye. He smiled and waved too. I went to the building.

Some feeling is building in me—

Fuck, I forgot Jandrick called! I turned the phone on and it was ended a minute ago.

Oh, I'm doomed–wait, why am I doomed? Well, I just got a gut feeling like... Uhh.... Never mind.

I went to the fifth floor. Which Dad's office were. I closed the glassed elevator.

After some floors, I finally arrived. I opened Dad's office door. I caught him talking to the telephone.

He was smiling like hell one that reaching his ears. "Okay, Marian, I could inform Alisa that"he said.

He mentioned Mom's name. Marian Jane Larey. Love.. Cyril Casey Larey. Fuck, girl.

"Dad?"I whispered and closed the door. He noticed me and raised his both eyebrows.

"Oh, Alisa?"he put down the telephone but didn't end it. I smiled and kissed his cheeks.

"What inform?"I calmly asked. He grinned. "Take a seat for a while, I'll ask Anton to bring you some snacks"he nodded.

"Thanks.."

He went to his table again. "I'll call you later, Darling"he said then ended it. He referred my Mom is it?

He pressed some numbers and did what he wants. "Okay.."he said then also ended the conversation. 

"What brings you here?"

"I just had nothing to do"I raised my both shoulders. He nodded and grinned.

Minutes later his assistant arrived and brought some iced coffee and lasagna. Wow?

He went out. "So what inform? You two Mom talked about"I sipped on the cappuccino.

These days I drink coffee more often, huh?

"About the fixed..marriage"

I widen my eyes. "What? Tell me about it"I whispered. He raised his both shoulders.

"Ranilia said to have done it in two months.."

T-two months!? What!?

"It was a sudden, though. But I'm sure that Ranilia already told Jandrick"he stated.

My heart exploded. Jandrick must really have known. Of course, it's her still single and workaholic Aunt.

"Still haven't changed your mind?"I widen my eyes when Dad asked that. My chest is really thumping hard.

"Uh...n-no?"

Shit. Really really shit.

"Hm? Okay"he sipped.

What the hell? This is really sudden. If ever I was informed like before this. I could get ready.