II

I'M WALKING BESIDE Abby when I come to my locker, pausing to unlock it and throw it open against the empty locker beside mine

I'M WALKING BESIDE Abby when I come to my locker, pausing to unlock it and throw it open against the empty locker beside mine. Abby is currently ranting about how she wants Mac to ask her to homecoming, and how he should have asked her to it. I just keep nodding my head to seem like I am listening, even as she slams her locker shut.

    "It's so dumb! I've been hinting at it for so--"

    "Hi." She suddenly gets caught off by a deep and unfamiliar voice. Abby and I make surprised eye contact before looking up. Whoever is here, they are extremely tall, maybe taller than Pete, one of our star basketball players. When I look up, I am met with the warmest green eyes I've ever seen. He wears a blue flannel that fits his arms perfectly, rolled up to the elbows where they loosely crown over. His hair is swept to the side and a warm honey brown color. His cheeks are narrow and defined, almost as if the Greeks carved it themselves. Not only that but his lips are plump and a warm pink. Everything about him screams warm, even the fact that I am currently so close to him I can feel the heat of his arm.    

    I step back.

    "Hello," Abby says cheerfully. My eyes remain locked on this guy until his eyes slice over to me, making me look down flushing. Do we have another new guy? Since when do schools get new people on the same day? Especially extremely-hot-model-worthy-guys? "I'm Abby. This is Ever. What's your name?"

    "Lucas," he says slowly. "Lucas Grant," he finishes. Abby looks at me shortly before stepping in front of him.

    "You're new, I'm guessing?' Abby tries to make a conversation. Lucas nods shortly before looking at me.

    "Your name is Ever?" He completely ignores Abby. Abby visibly saddens, her shoulders lowering and her lip coming out in a pout.

    "Well, Everleigh. Anyway, I've got to go." I respond.

    I go to turn around, but his hand on my arm stops me. I freeze, in my spot. Him being warm was an under-exaggeration. This guy is straight up hot, his hand almost feeling like an oven against my arm. I pull my hand away quickly and narrow my eyes at him. I wonder if he is sick. No one can possibly be that hot.

    "Wait. This is my locker," he nods at the locker next to mine, making me sag. Something about this guys warmth is making me uncomfortable.

    "Yeah, and?" I question, raising my eyebrows in boredom. He's new, yes, but he is also very hot. Physically. Like, heat hot.

    "I was wondering if you could lead me to Mr. Issac?"

    Abby and I look at each other again before she angrily turns away. I close my eyes, knowing she is mad at me for Lucas paying attention to me and not her. It's not my fault. Abby's ability to get angry at little things is her Achilles heel. Not to mention, I cannot help how Lucas has taken an odd liking to me over her.