X

"IF YOU HAVEN'T noticed, blue is not my color," I say into the phone as I lay in bed

"IF YOU HAVEN'T noticed, blue is not my color," I say into the phone as I lay in bed. Normally I get woken up by my mom when she walks out of her room and makes coffee in the morning. Only I just now got woken up by Abby calling my phone, and it isn't the first time she's done it.

    "Its spirit week though," she whines. Right now she is trying to make me wear a blue shirt to school, one of our school's famous colors.

    "How come there wasn't a theme yesterday?"

    "There was. Only no one cared about it."

    "What was it?" I wonder, shifting my blankets around. My eyes find a light blue shirt in my closet and I shiver thinking about wearing it. I think the last time I wore something that bright was in freshman year. It's not that I hate bright colors, just the darker ones look way better on me.

    "Tacky tourist," Abby answers.

    "Oh."

    Normally no one does dress up for that one. "And today's is the school's colors. Tomorrow is grade colors, seniors are black, and the day after tomorrow is Halloween themed, and Friday is dress up time. It's when they announce whose on the homecoming quart."

    "Homecoming?"

    "Yeah, its this weekend."

    "What?" I cry, stepping out of bed immediately. I turn to my closet, looking at my homecoming dress with a sigh. "I thought it was like two days before Halloween."

    "Halloween is next Monday."    

    "Oh, Lord."

    "Yeah. Anyway, wear blue or else I'll make you wear blue."

    "What do you mean by that?" I ask as I pick up the light blue shirt. After Abby doesn't answer, I realize she hung up. Sucking in a deep breath, I just pull off the shirt I have on now and pull on my blue one. I think about wearing sweatpants, due to the chill outside my window with the windows all frosty, but then remember I have to give Ryder his clothes back. I slide on some fleece leggings before grabbing Ryder's clothes. Although I washed them, there is still the faint smell of him on them. My mom was horrified when I walked in the door with them on, wondering where I was and whose clothes those were. I made up some dumb excuse saying I accidentally ripped my clothes. She just walked off with a huff and a smirk.

    She knew they were boys clothes and was cool with it. She was just scared as to where my real clothes were.

    "Uh mom," I say as I walk out with my backpack on my shoulder and dressed in my ugly blue shirt.

    "Yeah, sweetie." Unlike me, mom is an early riser. I always joke that school had to be easy for her since she still wakes up at six in the morning when she is a stay at home mom right now for Brody.