V

ABBY COMES UP beside me as I am shifting through my clothes, scaring the life out of me

    "Abby!" I scream. Abby laughs shortly before collapsing on my bed in a fit of giggles, Brody coming in starting to giggle as well. I roll my eyes before going back to searching through my clothes.

    "Your mom let me in, and the idea of scaring you was too great," Abby laughs as she brings out her phone to scroll through something. I roll my eyes once again, continuing my search.

    "Where is it?" I mumble out loud. Brody, being the best baby brother ever, starts to come over and search through my clothes as well, only he is moving them to the side, not really helping.

    "Where is what?" Abby says. I look up at her briefly before looking back at the pile in front of me. I knew I needed to fold my clothes, but I never got to it. Now I am stuck stupidly looking through all my dirty and new clothes trying to find my favorite shirt.    

    "My favorite."

    "The striped one?"

    "Yeah, that one. I want to wear it tonight," I sigh. I didn't necessarily want to go to the football game tonight, but Abby practically forced me to. She said she heard Lucas and Ryder were going to be there, so I guess that was a bonus. I don't know why, but I feel drawn to them. And it's not just from their looks--which happen to be simply amazing.

    The football games at my school are like the ones you see in movies. There's a lot of students, cheering, messy food, and a lot of sweat. One time I brushed up against by this guy and my arm came back all moist. The grossest experience I've ever had.

    "I don't know. Hey, what if I pick out your outfit?" Abby suggests just as I find the familiar material of my favorite shirt. Its long sleeves are the perfect colors for a chilly night under the Friday lights. I grin when I see it, turning over my shoulder to look at Abby.

    "No need. Found it." I slip off my current shirt, quickly pulling my striped one over my head. Brody starts messing around with my other clothes before throwing a pair of black skinnies at me. I raise an eyebrow, and he just laughs. "You want me to wear these?" I ask him, picking them up and pulling them inside out. Brody's eyes look like big puppy eyes in the warm light of my room, so when he nods, I just sigh. I slide off my sweatpants, not caring he's in here, same with Abby, and pull up the jeans. Brody claps, and Abby raises an eyebrow.

    "Damn. Those look like they could fit Brody." Abby sits up on my bed, her blond hair now falling softly behind her back. Abby sighs before tossing me a pair of caramel booties as I throw my hair up in a sloppy ponytail. Brody starts to mess around with my camera, making me quickly swoop down and pick up his chunky body.

    "How about you show Abby your costume?" I ask him as I start walking down the hall, Abby automatically following me. I step over Misha who immediately smiles at me and start skipping down the halls. I can hear Abby behind me, the booties in her hand clanking together. She chews on her spearmint gum quietly as I set Brody down on the table.