Talk to me

Part 2 to hunt.

A/N: I'm sorry this short I got bored of it.

She's been avoiding me.

That's the first thing Bucky Barnes thought as he woke up in the middle of the night, shuffling his feet into his carpet slippers as he slid across the floor to the bathroom. His mind raced with thoughts about you, mostly about how you had been ignoring him ever since that incident in the dining room the other night.

He scratched the soft scruff on his face in thought, his eyes widening as three knocks on his door snapped him out of his daze.

It was 3 am in the night, who could it be?

His hand instinctively grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter and he spun it in his hand as he clicked open the door, his legs in a fighting stance. The door swung open to reveal your tiny form(in comparison to him) standing in the hallway, your eyes half-closed and your lips parted.

"Y/N?" Bucky asked, as he relaxed, his shoulders dropping as he released a relieved sigh. His intuitive eyes scanned you from top to bottom and you could practically see the gears turning in his head. Bucky couldn't help the smile making its way to his lips at your Batman pajamas and the way your hair had created a nest at the top of your head.

The smile grew when he realized you'd fallen asleep against his doorway.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" He asked, giggling slightly before pulling out his phone with shaky fingers and snapping a photo of you. You groaned in response and let yourself inside his room, crashing onto his bed in a single two stepped jump from the other side.

He laughed at your frail form, spread eagled onto his bed, whimsical noises escaping his mouth that made your own mouth go up in a smile. His laugh was the most beautiful thing ever.

"I could listen to you laugh all day," You mumbled in your sleep and he chuckled before climbing in the bed next to you. His arm reached for you out of instinct, pulling you to his chest as you inhaled his scent that you'd become surprisingly fond of.

"Peppermint and wood," you said sleepily into his embrace.

"What?"

"Nothing,"