Cuddles

Cute lil part you've just been left back by the team and think your alone and drunk but turns out a very special man with a very special arm is in the tower with you.

***
You stumbled around the avengers tower in just your underwear and an old vest. Your head was spinning but you'd held up so far.

You somehow managed to get to the kitchen and pry the cabinets open, pulling out another bottle of Stark's special vodka, sighing as you uncapped it. You knew he'd get pissy at you for it later but to be honest you didn't care. Scratch that, you were too drunk to care.

The team had gone out for yet another mission without you because they believed that you needed to rest and relieve yourself of trauma you'd faced in the past few weeks before you could get back onto the field. You tried getting them to see reason but they just wouldn't listen.

So here you were, absolutely tipsy to the max, as you made your way around the tower, yelling abuse at different things as a way of venting your frustration, the bottle of vodka swinging in your hand dangerously that you occasionally took sips from between sentences. You'd show them. Stupid avengers. Stupid friends. Stupid job.

You were rambling, kicking stuff around, trashing the place. You brought the bottle to your lips to take another swig when a shadowed figure standing in the living room made you stop dead in your tracks. You immediately felt yourself begin to sober up as adrenaline started to pump through you.

"Hello?" You slurred, "Who's there?"

The figure stepped out of the shadows revealing a shabby man, dressed in nothing hit a pair of sweatpants with long, silky hair and a slight scruff.

"Relax, Y/N, it's Bucky,"

You did oblige, your shoulders slumping from their tense high into your regular swaying slouch. You flopped onto the couch, blowing your hair out of your face.
"Right," You said, "Bucky,"

You chugged the bottle, knowing that Bucky was watching you do so and set it down on the table in front of you. He couldn't help his eyes roam over you, sprawled onto the couch in front of him, your beautiful hair a disheveled mess just the way he liked it, your perfect, lean legs at full display for him, your plump lips curving gently into the sink of your teeth.

He crossed his arms, and you looked him up down. He, simply put, was very easy on the eyes, his abdomen carved into sculpted muscles, the sweatpants he was clothed in hanging low off his hips revealing the beginning of a well-defined v-line. A small smile was on his lips as your eyes met with his and you scoffed.

"So," you began, picking up a random magazine for the heck of it, "Why didn't you go ahead with the team? They could've used someone like you on a mission like this," you said, gesturing airily towards his broad physique and he chuckled.

"Of course I wanted to go but they made some pretty compelling points and I'm not quite sure I'd be the right pick this time," He said, his laughter slowly dying out, the intensity of his words hanging low in the air as he settled onto the couch next to you, sighing.

You frowned at him, "Well, why not?" You asked.

"They're infiltrating another hydra base,"

"Oh,"

You both sat in silence, that one statement enough to explain to you why he wouldn't go. You glanced at him fumbling with the tv remote through your daze.

Then you did the most peculiar of things.

You shuffled closer to him and wrapped both arms tightly around his torso, burying your face in the side of his chest. He tenses up, caught off guard.

"It's alright," you sniffles quietly, "I'm sure you'll get back out there in no time, my dude,"

He giggled but covered it up with a cough, "Yeah," He looked at you, smiling, "You really think so?"

"Yeah," You said, your eyes filling up with tears that you were trying to hold back, "Yeah, I really do," You half-sobbed and he laughed, putting his arm around you.

Bucky chuckled again at your anguished face, and pulled you closer to him, "Hey, don't cry," before pausing and turning to you, "Wait, why are you crying?"

You flailed your arms, unsure of what was causing the rivers of tears flowing out of your eyes and down your face, squirming. You really had no idea.
"I don't know," you sobbed and he held you close to him, eying the empty bottle of vodka and guessing that it wasn't your first.

"Okay, okay, it's alright," He mumbles, stroking your hair, "Shhhh,"

"Don't tell me to shhh," you slurred.

"Alright, alright I won't, easy now,"

You ended up falling asleep, cocooned in Bucky's warm arms. He really didn't have the energy nor the heart to move away. His gaze travelled the room, goosebumps prickling his bare stomach. Then he finally found it.

Cradling you with one hand, he swung the other one back and grabbed the blanket hanging low off the smaller sofa. Then slowly, he draped it onto you and him, before pulling you down into a laying position as he too nodded off with you snuggled tightly into his arms.