Remembering you

Your eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as you stared at the notes in front of you, your thick-rimmed glasses sliding down your nose as you bent down to grab another piece of platinum. You chewed on your pen in thought, twirling a strand of your Y/H/C hair around your finger as many different possibilities came to your head and you jotted them all down.

The theories began swirling in your brain wildly and you felt dizzy. You realized you hadn't eaten properly in quite a while so you stood up, your legs wobbling slightly, and made your way to the kitchen, pressing a button that closed your secret lab and put it into its disguise- an empty store room.

You hummed to yourself, dressed in only a pair of briefs and a t-shirt that an ex boyfriend of yours had left over before he decided to join the military. It was one of the reasons the two of you had broken up and you tried recalling the last memory you had of him as your hands scavenged your cabinets, looking for fruits.

Life was easier now, now you had control over yourself. You could do what you wanted and when you wanted, and these were the things that you thought to yourself as you slurped your banana berry smoothie. You felt at peace.

And then the door burst open.

You dropped your milkshake and let out a disgruntled cry at the spilt mixture on the ground.

"Why can't you let me just have one day off?!" You yelled at nothing in particular as a figure stepped through the smoke that had entered your apartment. You slid open the first drawer to your left and pulled out a shotgun, and some pepper spray from the second drawer.

The figure had its hands raised but you refused to lower your guard.
"Who are you?!" You shouted and a person with blonde hair stepped through. Your brain did an automatic synopsis.

Male, approximately 6 feet tall, around 33 years old, weighs around 80-95 kilograms.

"Easy there," his voice called out and you couldn't help but feel a since of deja vu, "I'm not here to hurt you,"

Your eyes scanned his figure and paused at the insignia on his chest. Your head suddenly throbbed as memories began to surface and you screamed in pain, your gun still pointed firmly at him.

"Look, let me help you, I know who you are Y/N," He said softly, and his tone was so reassuring that you wanted to drop into his arms and let him rock you to sleep. Your eyes began drooping but you didn't move from your stance.

"I have no weapons on me," he continued, uninvited, "I'm not here to bring you harm just please, let me talk to you,"
You felt yourself growing more and more tired, fighting yourself to stay up but you couldn't do it anymore. You dropped your weapon and fell onto the carpet, groaning in pain.

Your whole body throbbed and you realized that you'd encountered a flashback with a whole different severity. This flashback had 10 times more pain the last few and for some reason that man had triggered it. And with that thought, your eyes closed shut, betraying your own head.

**
You awoke to a light shining way too bright in your face. You scrunched up your face in turmoil, your eyes refusing to open.

When you finally hauled yourself up, you realized you were on a bed in a lab. Next to you, a curtain was drawn but you could catch tiny glimpses through the cracks. Five individuals, four males and one female it seemed. You rubbed your face and grunted as more pain hit your skull.

The blonde man from earlier noticed your silhouette through the curtain and made his way to you.

Your eyes widened, your breathing getting faster. Memories, so many memories came rushing back into your brain, so fast you couldn't even keep up. What was his name? What was his name?