Prom

Another high school Au! I just couldn't resist.

You slammed your locker shut, your nostrils flaring in anger as your fingers wrapped tighter around your trigonometry textbook. Your feet slammed against the ground as you began stomping to your next class.

"Hey, hey, wait!" A freshman in heels and a tiny skirt stopped you, and you groaned as she handed you a flyer, "Prom this Saturday! Don't be late,"

You were two seconds from slapping her and opened your mouth to yell when an arm wrapped around your waist and pulled you away.

"Thank you for that," a familiar voice said from behind you, "I'll just take her away now,"
You spin around and Nat's green eyes stare at you, a weird half smirk on her face as she started walking beside you.

"I hate prom," You grumbled angrily, "I hate it so much,"

Natasha chuckled, "Wow, I didn't know that," she said sarcastically and you glared at her.

"I'm serious!" You said, stopping and flailing your arms for effect, "It's so dumb!"

Her bright, auburn hair bounced behind her as she walked with her usual dramatic sway. It always seemed as if she was dancing when she was walked, so regal and elegant.

Meanwhile you sulked when you walked, your shoulders drooping, your hands tucked into the hoodie that was probably 3 sizes too big for you as your old sneakers scuffed against the floor.
You thought it was a wonder she was best friends with you.

"Oh come on," she said, "It's not that bad,"

"There's food....

"That's uncooked and disgusting,"

"Drinks....

"Probably laced with drugs,"

"Dancing.....

"Do you mean soft porn?"

"Music....

"Please, god, please not prom music,"

Natasha huffed, her hands on her hips as she stopped and you turned around to face her,
"It's really not that bad, Y/N, you'll have loads of fun,"

You shook your head, "No, you'll have loads of fun, Nat, I'll just be there dragging you down all the time,"

You sighed as you tore the flyer in half, "I'd rather stay home and watch tv while drinking Mango smoothies, it's just how I am,"

"Seriously, isn't there anyone you'd like to go with?"

A specific person popped into your head and you instantly shook your head, "Nope,"

Natasha's stupid face morphed into a lunatic smile, baring her teeth, "You're lying! There is someone you'd like to go with!"

"No I'm not!"

She smiled wider, "Yes you are! Your eyes widened when I asked you that! You have your eye on someone!"

You cursed under your breath and sighed.

"Who is it?"

You glanced across the hallway at a group of boys standing at the other end.
Tony Stark, Clint Barton, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes had been best friends since they were fairly young. Tony and Clint were your basic playboys, although Tony was insanely smart and knew everything about well, everything. Clint was great at persuasion and the heir to a huge country club empire.

Steve could fall into your typical American sweetheart and was the School's it boy. He was someone everyone was swooning over and how could they not, with his good grades, pretty smile and inane strength. He was a gentleman but also had a good laugh with the lads.