Therapy

You are a very famous therapist
With a teeny weeny secret that will be revealed
Bucky's your patient

————
You sit at your polished desk, taking a quick sip of your coffee as you quickly read over the file on your next patient. Although it's a slightly earlier timing than you would vouch for, you don't mind it. You enjoy your job and even though you aren't exactly a morning person, your next appointment was with someone quite powerful and quite significant.

Your assistant slips into the room, holding another file in one hand and a thermos in the other. She smiles at you and sets the container and the file simultaneously onto the table.
"I thought you'd need some more of that," She gestures to your cup with a flick of her head, "And that's the file on Bucky Barnes,"

You look up at her, your glasses slipping down your nose, "Bucky Barnes?"

She nods, still smiling but it falters a little, "He called a while ago, asking for an appointment- She pauses and frowns, "Well, he didn't, someone speaking on behalf of him did but all the same,"

"And you thought of telling me this now?" You question, your voice low but your tone threatening.

She cocks her head to one side, blinking slowly, "I did tell you before when I went to get the-oh right," She shakes her head and smiles apologetically, "I'm sorry, I was going to call you and let you know but then I got lost looking for the file and-

"That's alright Laura," You say with a sigh, shaking your head, "Can you just please tell me more about the Bucky Barnes situation?"

Her eyes go wide and she erratically shakes her head, "Yes of course!" Laura says, pulling her notepad out the pocket of her blazer, "Whoever was speaking for him said that he'd like to see you on the 12th of June, at 11 in the morning,"

She says and smiles fondly, "Although I'm pretty sure it was Bucky himself in the back yelling profanity and claiming whoever called was abusing his right,"

You chuckle, "That does sound like something a Bucky Barnes would say," before you stop, sitting up and looking Laura in the eye, "Wait, did you say the 12th of June?"

She flips her notepad open again, just to make sure, "Yep,"

"Laura...."

"Yes?"

You sigh and put your head in your hands muttering a string of curse words under your breath before looking up at her again.
"Today is the 12th of June,"

Her eyes go wide as she glances at the calendar sitting comfortably amidst your notebook and desk trinkets, clearly flipped to the page that read '12th of June'.

"Ma'am, permission to swear?"

"Granted,"

"Crap!"

******

"Yes, I'm sorry for the inconvenience," You say politely, biting your lip, "Yes, definitely next week,"

"Yes, thank you, bye," You finish and you huff out a breath as you put down the phone. Laura stands next to you, looking at you expectantly.

"He's fine coming next week, thank god," you say in relief, "Laura, please remember things next time, if Monsieur Jacques wasn't in a good mood today who knows what he would have said or done," You say with a frown and she nods her head, "You know how eccentric the French are!"