eighteen

Ruby

Days turned into weeks, weeks into months. I found myself consumed in Jimmy. He was all I thought about. And I knew that was very very dangerous. I had so much love to give but what if he couldn't handle all of it? My parents are another story. They still don't know how much we hang out. They even don't know hang out. I'm scared to death that one day they'll find out. But the thing is, I have real feelings for Jimmy right now. So if this goes any farther...they will have to know sooner or later. Won't they?

(Summer is in 1 month)

I walked outside and inhaled. The smell of spring air is intoxicating. I just love it. I got on my bike and out my school bag in my basket and peddled to school.
(Ruby's outfit)

I heard the rumbling of an engine behind me and I smiled and looked back

Jimmy:)
He slowed to a roll as we rode along side of each other.
"Hey." He smiled at me
"Hi." He still makes me blush to this day
"You look pretty today." He said
"Just pretty?" I laughed jokingly
"Pretty gorgeous." He said
"Ahaha." I shook my head. We peeked at each other and I peddled faster.
"I wouldn't start that game!" He kicked his bike into some faster gear or whatever and sped past me.
I laughed uncontrollably.
Life couldn't get any better.

Jimmy

Life was at its finest that was for sure. I felt like I was on top of the world.
They fact that I got to hold Ruby's hand and show her off to the entire school was a dream.

"You know I'm kinda bummed."
We were sitting outside at a table during lunch.
"Hmm? Why?" I gazed at her as I bit into my sandwich
"This is your last month at school...ever." She said
"What do you mean "ever"? You don't think I'm smart enough to go to college?" I asked
"No! I didn't mean it like that I just thought-"
"That I wasn't able to go to college huh? Well there you go again! Just putting me down!" We stared at each other and I started laughing and so did she."
"Okay so you're bummed I'm graduating?" I asked
"Yes I'll be alone!" She said
"You'll be fine! I'll come visit you or whatever during lunch and you can skip school I'll take you out." I shrugged. She stared at me.
"Skip school? You're encouraging me to skip school?" She laughed ,"unbelievable!"
I smiled. Ruby was so funny and kind and eager to learn. She paid so close attention when you talk to her. She hangs onto every word like it's the last time she will hear them. I love her for that.
"Ruby Ruby Ruby." I shook my head. I scooted over close to her so we were besides each other. I wrapped my arm around her.
"High school is scary I can't do it on my own." She leaned on my shoulder
"You did it alone before we met."
"That's different."
"Nah." I shook my head. But I knew was she was talking about. It is different. Right now I don't know how I ever survived without her.
"It'll be A-okay." I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.