twenty

Ruby

I woke up feeling numb to the world. The last thing I wanted to do today was go to school. I purposely left late so I wouldnt have to walk with Jimmy. He knows when something's off.
(Ruby's outfit)

I walked to my locker and opened it

I walked to my locker and opened it. A white envelope fell out. I smiled as I picked it up and read it. Another note from Jimmy. They warm my heart. But sadly this all has to come to an end.

(Lunch)
We always sit together at lunch. It's when we can be with each other without having to worry.
I spotted his firey red hair right away. He had a black tank on with the sleeves cut off and black denim and doc martens. His classic outfit that made me melt the moment I saw him.
"Hey you." He spots me and smiles
I give him a weak smile and sit down.
"What's up?" He faces me
"We can't see each other anymore." I blurted
"What?" He chuckled
"It's over Jimmy." I said
"Why?"
"I'm sorry." I shrugged
"Ruby this doesn't make sense! I love you!"
"I love you too."
"Then why are you doing this?" His face made my heart break. I wanted to hold him.
"It's just-"
"Your parents?"
"Yes and...im moving."
"MOVING!?" He blurted
"To Arizona. My parents already bought a house and our house is up for sale and..." I lost it and bawled my eyes out. Jimmy held me tightly.
"Don't worry Ruby. I'll make it better I'll fix this."
"Jimmy..."
"I lost you once I'm not gonna loose you again."
And with that, he walked away.
And I felt hopeless.

___________
Later

I was eating dinner with my family. Steak and green beans. The door bell rang and my mom jumped up and got it.
I heard words being said but I didn't understand any of them. I was so caught up in what I was going to do with myself and with Jimmy.
Jimmy

I stood infront of Ruby's door. I breathed deeply and pressed the door bell. Her mom answered and it looked like she had seen a ghost.
"You're Ruby's mom?" I asked
"Yes...hello Jimmy." She swallowed
"Your daughter told me your moving and she told me we can't see each other ever again."
"Yes, that's correct."
"Well I'm here to tell you that I am madly in love with your daughter and she lights up my life and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. Every morning she's my first thought and every night she's my last thought."
I then saw Ruby crying and smiling at me.
"I'm sorry Jimmy. That doesn't change the circumstances."
"I know it won't but I want you to know how much your daughter means to me." I smiled at Ruby and she ran into my arms.
"I love you Ruby." I held her tight
"I love you too."
Her mom looked a little surprised.
"I want your permission to continue seeing your daughter." I said
"Alright." She nodded,"if you hurt her..."
"I wouldn't dream of doing that." I said as I held the world in my arms. "Never in a million years."
Ruby smiled up at me and rested her head on my shoulder.
"Please, eat with us." Her mom smiled at me.
Ruby was shocked. She looked at her mother with wide eyes. Her mom nodded and shut the door behind us.
I made eye contact with her father.
"Jimmy. What a surprise." He said solemnly
"Sir you have raised a fine daughter." I shook his hand
Ruby chuckled knowing I was being a kiss up. But I meant every word I said.
I sat down next to Ruby as we all ate. It felt so good to be with people. Eating at a table. Together. Something I never remember experiencing. But I knew this was going to be my new family.
"So uh when are you guys moving?" I asked
"June 10th." Ruby's mom offered me a kinda smile. I could feel the tension. I nodded and looked at my food. I didn't know how to tell them how much this dinner meant to me.
Ruby

It was like a dream. Sitting by Jimmy with my parents. Something I never thought would happen.
And when dinner was over I was so upset. I would have to say bye to Jimmy until tomorrow.
"Thank you for having dinner with us Jimmy." Dad shook his hand and smiled
"Thank you sir." Jimmy smiled back.
I took his hand and we sat on the front porch. The air was still warm and the sky was a mix of purples and oranges.
"This is my favorite time of day." I said as I lean my head in his shoulder.
"Why?" He asked. Jimmy was such a curious person. I think he'd say the same about me but he is like a little kid experiencing things for the first time.
"I can't really explain it." I giggled
"You know what my favorite time of the day is?"
"Hm?"
"Any time I'm with you." He said
"Oh how romantic." I laughed
He smiled at me and kissed my forehead
"I think I'll miss you." I said
"I think I will miss you too." He said
"You know no matter how far away we are I think you and I will always be in some sort of love. Even if we never see each other again."
"Like what?"
"Like, my heart belongs to you Jimmy Newton. You're the person I want to spend the rest of my life with." I looked up into his beautiful eyes
"Well Ruby J, " he looked down at me, "right back attcha." He smiled and kissed me softly.
And suddenly, life got a little better.