* 1 - On The Run

Written by: dxganronpa

A girl walked through the streets of Ninjago, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. The small breeze blew, almost knocking her hood right off. She fixed it back up. No one was allowed to see her hair. She couldn't bear it.

She stepped past a mechanic shop, continuing her journey forward. But someone inside, a teen by herself, rolled herself out from under the car, her black hair in a messy bun. She noticed the girl waking past with her hood over her head and gave a confused look.

Sketchy, she thought to herself.

What was even more sketchy was the fact that five boys were walking toward the mysterious girl.

"Mia!" one of them called.

The girl named Mia whipped her head around, making sure her hood was on and her head was hidden from sight. She looked at the boys for a few seconds--and as quick as she saw them, she ran away.

"Hey!" the one in blue cried in shock. "S- She just ran away!"

"Well, we can't let her escape so easily," the green one told the others, and they immediately began their chase.

From inside the mechanic shop, the girl cocked her head in confusion. She sort of recognized them, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Ignoring the little oil on her arm, she grabbed a wrench from her tool case and undid her bun. Her long, black hair fell past her hips as she shook her head, getting all loose hairs out of her face.

"Um..." She looked outside, seeing the boys disappearing from sight. "Gah, I can't just stand here..."

With a quick sigh, the girl ran out of the shop, forgetting to close the door, and chased after the group unnoticed.

By the time she had arrived, her eyes scanned the area. The boys stood in front of a large, abandoned-looking building as if they were waiting for someone.

And through one of the windows, she noticed Mia on one of the higher floors.

"Better late than never..." she whispered under her breath, stepping up to the group of boys.

"Well, how about it, Zane?" the same blue boy asked.

"Our suspicions are correct--she is inside this building," Zane answered him.

"Alright..." The one in black punched his fists together. "Let's get in there before she--"

He didn't finish as he was hit in the back of his head with a wrench. "Ow! What the hell?"

The girl behind him froze for a bit, wrench held high in her slightly trembling hand. Did I just--?

Unfortunately, he turned around and glared at her. "Did you just hit me with a wrench?"

"Uh..." She sheepishly chuckled. "No? It must've been the wind." Oh, I hope you had enough time to get out of here, M... M- Mia! Right, that's her name.

Right as she was about to leave, one of the boys in red grabbed her wrist. "Who hits people with wrenches? That's kind of a crime I'd say, considering who we are."

The girl stared for a while, confused. She then got a good look at the five boys for a while, and realized--holy shit they're the ninja and I just hit one with a wrench.

"Hey!"

The boys and even she looked up to see Mia running for the group. With incredible speed, she pulled the red boy's hand off of the girl, grabbing her wrist and started running in the opposite direction.

Although shocked, the girl managed to keep up with Mia. The two ran like they were in a marathon--much faster than the average person.

"Are you okay?" Mia asked her.

"Uh, yeah..." the girl responded. "Th- Those were the ninja! I just hit one with a wrench!"

Mia chuckled, skidding to a stop. She looked around, seeing that the area was clear of anybody. "Oh yeah? Good! Oh, and... thanks for trying to stall for me back there."

The girl gave her a smile in response. "It was no problem. Although I guess it was sort of a waste since you came back to get me."

"Oh!" Mia shook her head, coming to a realization. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mia."

"Ah, I kind of got that from the ninja..." the girl sheepishly told her, her smile fading into a silly grin. "But I'm Scarlett!"

"It's nice to meet you, Scarlett."

Both girls whipped their heads around to find themselves on the ground, pinned by one of the ninja each.

"Oh, nice! The second one came right to us!" The blue ninja grinned.

"Ack! Get off of me!" Mia hissed at the green ninja, squirming under his grip.

"Sorry, Mia. I can't do that, unless you promise not to run off with your friend," he answered.

"And what if I don't?" She glared daggers at him, gritting her teeth. "It's not like you can make me!"

"He can and he will," the black one snapped at her. He then looked over to Scarlett, who tried escaping the red ninja's grip. "You guys are fast and violent? She hit me with a wrench!"

"But you were chasing some innocent girl..." Scarlett huffed under her breath, not really intended for anyone to hear.

"What was that?"

"Enough, Cole..." the red ninja demanded, looking away from Scarlett as he glared at the black ninja. As he looked back down at her, his glare became a lopsided smile when he lowered his mask. "So, where were we?"

While confused, Scarlett looked up at him and sort of froze right there and then. His smile is gorgeous what the hell--

She was sort of in a fantasy already, and she's met this boy five minutes ago.

Mia, on the other hand, wasn't having this. She scowled, lifting her knee up to hit the green ninja's crotch, earning a groan from him as he loosened his grip.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"For trying to kidnap me!" she retorted, pushing him off of her and getting to her feet.

"How did she get past Lloyd so easily?" Jay asked, looking down at said ninja.

"I do not know," Zane whispered in response. "Perhaps she is stronger than we thought she was."

"Uh, Ninja...?" Scarlett shook her head of her daydream, looking at the red ninja. "Can you get off of me now?"

"Yeah, please do." Mia crossed her arms over her chest, going into her boot and wrapping her arm around an object. Metal was heard. "Don't make me hurt you."

"Whoa, whoa!" The red ninja jumped off of Scarlett without a second's thought, putting his hands up in defense. "We don't have to go there, do we now?"

"Yikes," Scarlett mumbled under her breath, sitting up. "That's violent."

"Good. Now we won't have to go there..." Mia grabbed Scarlett's hand, pulling her to her feet. "And now, we'll be taking our leave."

"Wait, you can't go!" the green ninja cried, still sort of recovering from the knee to the crotch.

"Watch us," Mia snapped, turning on her heel. "We're leaving, Scarlett."

"Oh, uh..." Scarlett, sort of confused at this point, just followed her lead. "A- Alright..."

Mia was the one to notice the white ninja's hand reach for her, and without hesitation, broke out into a run with Scarlett.

A/N: TAKE ANOTHER UPDATE IN ONE DAY LIZZ, THIS IS FOR YOU : )

~dxganronpa